Home

A team builder article talking about custom playbooks?

This is a discussion on A team builder article talking about custom playbooks? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2009, 02:33 PM   #1
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20
A team builder article talking about custom playbooks?

Does this mean that custom playbooks are in the game for all modes?

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2...eambuilder.ars

Last edited by stevedrumsdw; 05-02-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2009, 02:38 PM   #2
Rookie

Archie's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: A team builder article talking about custom playbooks?

Some of the guys in my league and at the site where I play have been writing about it ...

http://traditionfootball.com/?p=1086

... but I don't see anything about custom playbooks. I'd love to see this feature, though. However, I think it would be a little annoying, too, especially if you had to deal with a guy running a five wide set on one play, and a full-house backfield on the next ... you know, the kind of thing that really isn't done.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:41 PM   #3
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

It says right here below

Dubbed TeamBuilder, the tool will allow you to create your own school, uniforms (helmets, jerseys, pants, socks, and shoes), rosters, and even recruiting pitches. Unlike the old create-a-school feature, TeamBuilder will be accessible via a Web browser. That should make it a bit simpler to use than the console-based versions of the tool.
Those who are uniform-obsessed like me will appreciate the customization options TeamBuilder will offer, such as 25+ different stripe patterns for helmets, 70+ base styles and stripe patterns for jerseys, and the ability to create your own logo and import it into TeamBuilder. You'll also be able to create your own playbook, playing style, and, as mentioned above, come up with a recruiting pitch for use in Dynasty modes. Rosters will be editable as well.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:48 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw
It says right here below

Dubbed TeamBuilder, the tool will allow you to create your own school, uniforms (helmets, jerseys, pants, socks, and shoes), rosters, and even recruiting pitches. Unlike the old create-a-school feature, TeamBuilder will be accessible via a Web browser. That should make it a bit simpler to use than the console-based versions of the tool.
Those who are uniform-obsessed like me will appreciate the customization options TeamBuilder will offer, such as 25+ different stripe patterns for helmets, 70+ base styles and stripe patterns for jerseys, and the ability to create your own logo and import it into TeamBuilder. You'll also be able to create your own playbook, playing style, and, as mentioned above, come up with a recruiting pitch for use in Dynasty modes. Rosters will be editable as well.
I think that's just a typo, but who knows? however the screenshot does seem to indicate that they were able to implement a textbox above the numbers on the front of the jersey
Old 05-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #5
Rookie

Archie's Arena

OVR: 3

Interesting. Maybe they're only referring to style-of-play, but it sure sounds like they mean custom playbooks like the days of old. I could get into that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2009, 03:03 PM   #6
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

i think what they mean is you can pick a playbook to fit the style you want to run ie. Texas Tech's spread, Nevada's pistol, etc. But i dont think they mean you can go and pick the individual formations you want and make a custom playbook. I think its only a matter of time before they get in there though so i'm looking at next year's game for them to be in there.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #7
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i think what they mean is you can pick a playbook to fit the style you want to run ie. Texas Tech's spread, Nevada's pistol, etc. But i dont think they mean you can go and pick the individual formations you want and make a custom playbook. I think its only a matter of time before they get in there though so i'm looking at next year's game for them to be in there.
Your right I think which sucks.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:25 PM   #8
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14

It looks like there is a text box above the numbers on the uni!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »