Home

Rivals - Teambuilder

This is a discussion on Rivals - Teambuilder within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2009, 08:56 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: Rivals - Teambuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
the whole not being able to choose your rivals thing nearly kills TeamBuilder for me. not sure why they went this was for it. I wish it was like or even an improved version of how Rivals were in CAS in last-gen. at least you got to choose 1. with TeamBuilder they could have at least let us do that, instead of just using the rivals of the team you replaced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
yea i was wondering how this would work out.. I wish you could just pick your rivals.
i definitely agree with both of you in that I wish we could just pick rivals, but after looking at who i'll be swapping out and thanks to the list Solidice provided I think i'm going to be pretty happy with the way my rivals are set up as long as this works like we all expect. If that is the case i think i will actually enjoy it more than the rival system on last gen because a couple of my teams will have multiple rivals that surprisingly make sense.

the other thing i'm wondering about is if trophies will remain if I swap out one or both of the teams involved
Old 05-03-2009, 09:27 PM   #10
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
i really hope so because i'm plotting out all my CAS swaps based on it

wassup. I see your in Tacoma. I only want to make 4 or 5 cas teams. one was gonna be the 91 UW Huskies. Not a fan per say, but i lived here in 91 and i live hear now. I was actually a canes fan then and became a fan before they became the U during jim kellys sr year. (i was only in middle school).
But even I had to give it to the dawgs. One of the best teams i ever saw(01 canes, 95 nebraska). zero weaknesses.

Defense- fast all around, big corners(dana hall), and lb's and safeties who could hit and cover. dominate physical dline(steve emtman won outland and lombardi trophy), who could rush the qb and stuff the run.

Offense- two deep threat receivers(mario bailey had better numbers inculding punt return stats than desmond howard, the heisman trophy winner that year). a tough runner with speed, back up was a fast hb with hands. tough fb, big te's with hands, two nfl QB's who could run with stong arms(Brunell and hobart). big agile oline (lincoln kennedy).

offense- avg 41 points a game.
defense-they gave up most of the 9 points a game they gave up, in the 4 th quarter when the game was over. only allowed 237 yds a game.
4 all americans, 8 players first team all-pac ten.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:20 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 8

I agree that not being able to pick rivals (and create a playbook) really damage the authenticity of Team Builder? What list, is there a list of rivals?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2009, 10:23 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by smace767
wassup. I see your in Tacoma. I only want to make 4 or 5 cas teams. one was gonna be the 91 UW Huskies. Not a fan per say, but i lived here in 91 and i live hear now. I was actually a canes fan then and became a fan before they became the U during jim kellys sr year. (i was only in middle school).
But even I had to give it to the dawgs. One of the best teams i ever saw(01 canes, 95 nebraska). zero weaknesses.

Defense- fast all around, big corners(dana hall), and lb's and safeties who could hit and cover. dominate physical dline(steve emtman won outland and lombardi trophy), who could rush the qb and stuff the run.

Offense- two deep threat receivers(mario bailey had better numbers inculding punt return stats than desmond howard, the heisman trophy winner that year). a tough runner with speed, back up was a fast hb with hands. tough fb, big te's with hands, two nfl QB's who could run with stong arms(Brunell and hobart). big agile oline (lincoln kennedy).

offense- avg 41 points a game.
defense-they gave up most of the 9 points a game they gave up, in the 4 th quarter when the game was over. only allowed 237 yds a game.
4 all americans, 8 players first team all-pac ten.
sounds good man, i'm actually in Oly so the Rainiers are the closest team to me. I plan on resurrecting the Western Washington program that just went under
Old 05-03-2009, 10:27 PM   #13
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryrice4949
I agree that not being able to pick rivals (and create a playbook) really damage the authenticity of Team Builder? What list, is there a list of rivals?
this(below), these are the rivalries from '09. the only changes that I know of to these for NCAA 10 is that Boston College and Georgia were added as rivals to Clemson.
Attached Files
File Type: txt rivals.txt (8.8 KB, 25 views)

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 05-03-2009, 10:29 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
this(below), these are the rivalries from '09. the only changes that I know of to these for NCAA 10 is that Boston College and Georgia were added as rivals to Clemson.
Thanks I appreciate the list.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:51 PM   #15
Rookie

rwk2009's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

Super helpful list.
Thanks a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2009, 01:20 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
the whole not being able to choose your rivals thing nearly kills TeamBuilder for me. not sure why they went this was for it. I wish it was like or even an improved version of how Rivals were in CAS in last-gen. at least you got to choose 1. with TeamBuilder they could have at least let us do that, instead of just using the rivals of the team you replaced.
I agree 100%. I considered creating JMU and dumping Washington State. But then my eastern school would have the Washington Huskies as a rival??????????????? But even worse for me is that when I go to create a stadium, if I choose an exisiting one, I will have the logo and flags of that team!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Are you kidding me? These two things kill team builder for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »