Home

Formation Subs

This is a discussion on Formation Subs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2009, 08:12 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Formation Subs

I never said it should be available with online play, which is where the cheesing would primarily take place by pathetic a-holes.. I just enjoyed how much you really could manipulate the play book with your players... you know, like real life coaches? It makes the game more fun and increases the re-playability for me (reasons why I still bust out 06 every now and then)
Old 05-12-2009, 08:13 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderRatedCoast
Not really. Not looking forward to having the fastest player always in the #5 WR slot in the spread, a 99 speed guy playing TE in certain formations, a RB playing QB in goalline formation, etc, etc. Just opens up more cheese opportunities. It's a lot harder to do with the package subs, but there are unlimited cheese opportunities with formation subs. The only reason I ever want formation subs is so I don't have to have wide receivers trying to make tackles on the kickoff team, and don't have linebackers trying to block on kick return team.
well cheesers are always going to be cheesers no matter what you do to try and stop them that's why i don't play online. you named the biggest reason we need this feature special teams, but I also like running a two back offense and having different HBs in depending on the formation. I get your concerns, but there are ways to do alot of the stuff you mentioned without formation subs and like I said that's why I don't play online and if I did I'd make sure that was in an online dynasty with people I trust not to pull crap like that.

Edit: BORN4CORN is right it shouldn't be allowed for online

Last edited by moylan1234; 05-12-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:04 PM   #11
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

The reasons I keep hearing for why we shouldn't have things like formation subs and custom playbooks is ridiculous. "Oh no! they shouldn't put that stuff in the game because people will cheese with it!!!" I say boo hoo and stop your whining. That's like saying that people shouldn't be allowed to buy guns, because people will kill each other with 'em. Ridiculous!
Guns don't kill people...people do. Formation subs and custom playbooks don't cheese people...people do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2009, 09:23 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinphat
Formation subs and custom playbooks don't cheese people...people do.
nice
Old 05-12-2009, 10:27 PM   #13

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

The main benefit of formation subs for me is the ability to customize my special teams starters.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:39 PM   #14
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Formation subs has been a request forever and has fallen on deaf ears just as long. Packages are not formation subs. Give us back formation subs.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:40 PM   #15
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

I dont even like playing online, I just want formation subs for by games against the CPU. Why use USC if I have to pause everytime I want to sub backs 2, 3?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 01:59 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I dont even like playing online, I just want formation subs for by games against the CPU. Why use USC if I have to pause everytime I want to sub backs 2, 3?
Exactly!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »