Home

recruiting has so much more potential

This is a discussion on recruiting has so much more potential within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2009, 10:41 PM   #25
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: recruiting has so much more potential

I love the recruiting in 09 it's fine. I hope it's just as good are better in ncaa 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2009, 01:52 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I usually don't get all I want when I go through all 35 with 10 minutes each. What I like to do most of the time is select between 20 - 30 recruits. I will go for them hard and usually land 15 or so. Then in the offseason I will do a lot more research on those 3 star recruits and I will often find 3 - 4 steals. I found some WR's who were 2 stars, but they had some height and could run routes really well.

― Plato
Old 05-10-2009, 01:57 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I usually don't get all I want when I go through all 35 with 10 minutes each. What I like to do most of the time is select between 20 - 30 recruits. I will go for them hard and usually land 15 or so. Then in the offseason I will do a lot more research on those 3 star recruits and I will often find 3 - 4 steals. I found some WR's who were 2 stars, but they had some height and could run routes really well.

this was my method in 09 as well. much easier to recruit 25-30 at a time instead of 35.. we'll see what 10 has in store though
Old 05-10-2009, 02:39 AM   #28
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
On top of that, does anyone ever get through all 35 recruits with just 10 hours? I mean, I usually only get through the top 12-15 before I run out. It just feels so flawed and fake.
Why would you go after 35 guys when you can only sign 25? Just go after about 15-22 of them in-season then snag some in the off season and you will get much better results.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:46 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
this was my method in 09 as well. much easier to recruit 25-30 at a time instead of 35.. we'll see what 10 has in store though
Yea. Once I switched to this method I ended up going the the Nation Championship 6 - 7 times in an online dynasty. I won 4.

― Plato
Old 05-10-2009, 02:57 AM   #30
Rookie

floridagatorfan's Arena

OVR: 5

I am rather tired of the ten hour week system as well and wish that it was more challenging. I feel like the only way to get realistic results with commitments if you are a 6 star school is to put restrictions on yourself.

It might be more realistic with the phone call set up but I feel like it is a chore to go in and do recruiting. It would be nice if they could make it more like recruiting is in real life for fans of schools. Fans are glued to five star recruits' every word hoping they go to their school. I just feel like this system doesnt have any excitement to it like they should. Maybe they should get rid of showing what the recruits level of interest is in your school and instead group by just saying top 3 or top 5. At least this way there would be some level of surprise when a recruit picks your school.

The way the current system is though, I feel like I get no enjoyment at all, and have to waste a lot of my time unless I want to just let the computer handle it. I'd be in the minority here, but I would prefer to go back to the days where you had a designated number of points and recruiting was done at the end of the season. At least this method, although much less realistic, was quick. And because I didnt have to recruit during the season I had much more interest in the prospects I was recruiting.

I wish I had ideas on how to make the recruiting in NCAA a little more fun and a little less monotonous but I cannot think of a good way to do this as any system would get repetitive after a while.

Also, bringing up college hoops, although frustrating I liked that with some players no matter what you did it was very unlikely that you would make up ground on another school. That is a problem I have with NCAA football is that if you want to target 10 five stars that are interested in you and you are a 6 star school you can land every one of them. Not that this is completely unrealistic because if a school like USC has a recruit that they really want to get then they can usually get him, but in NCAA I feel like the CPUs dont up enough of a challenge for recruits.

I would probably have a better time recruiting in an online dynasty where you go up against other human players and try and get a player.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:09 AM   #31
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

Yeah when i brought up the college hoops example I was mainly saying that I liked how you could watch games, invite for vist, send letters, etc. Getting recruits was very difficult and frustrating when using the ch2k8 database, that part doesn't need to be copied haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 10:41 AM   #32
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I'd rather the recruiting didn't get more complicated or time consuming. Just my two cents.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »