Home

The TRUE test for EA's improved CPU AI...Georgia Tech

This is a discussion on The TRUE test for EA's improved CPU AI...Georgia Tech within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2009, 08:36 PM   #1
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
The TRUE test for EA's improved CPU AI...Georgia Tech

I'm very anxious to see how a CPU controlled Georgia Tech plays vs a human.

Using past NCAAs as a guideline, option heavy, run oriented CPU controlled squads usually act ******** when it comes to both playcalling and execution.

I'd like to truly be worried about playing CPU controlled teams like Georgia Tech, instead of automatically assuming I'll hold them to 34 yards rushing on 62 attempts and beat them like a drum 45-3.

This isn't a flame...this is an honest to god interest in seeing just how far this new, revamped "smart CPU" has come.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2009, 08:38 PM   #2
Rookie

Cvhsalumni's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The TRUE test for EA's improved CPU AI...Georgia Tech

I agree completely. It was so frustrating playing those teams and shutting them down. If I shut them down I want it to be because I played a good defensive game, not because the offensive AI doesn't work. I am interested as well.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:18 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: The TRUE test for EA's improved CPU AI...Georgia Tech

It doesn't matter if they continue to rate their players like ******s it'll always hinder the game play on the field no matter what team you play.

I think people assume the AI makes teams plays smarter which is a FALSE sense of hope.

The Player ratings makes teams play smarter that has been the case with every single EA game i've known. Poor awareness ratings trickle down all over the field and we'll never have a smarter AI until the guys at EA themselves make a commitment to sit down in a damn room and observe how their players perform and react on the field consistently.

They can hype up any feature they want the only way they are going to start getting better results on the field is take 4-5 guys in a room seriously observe how ratings basically hinder their gameplay in so many ways each and every year.

It's pretty sad seeing Redhsirt SR QB or RB with and awareness in the 50's or 60's. They is a recipe for DISASTER IMO because if they already act dumb why make it worse by assigning them low ratings to compact the situation.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »