Home

No TCF Bank Stadium?

This is a discussion on No TCF Bank Stadium? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2009, 11:43 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: No TCF Bank Stadium?

Yeah, I think Minnesota/Wisconsin rivalries tend to fly under the radar a bit. We're not the biggest states, don't have some of the more storied teams (outside of hockey), but we love rooting against each other. Pro and college football, college hockey, even the Twins and Brewers had a rivalry developing before the Brewers went to the NL.

Anyway, I'm disappointed the new Gophers stadium isn't in the game, but that disappointment is tempered, at least for a year, by the fact that the Metrodome is finally out of the game.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:33 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskatt21
I have to agree with you Goose26, this was a huge reason I put off buying last years version, thinking that this one would have TCF Bank Stadium. I have posted this before, and I think even got a response. I still cannot seem to understand why Madden and even MLB The Show 09 can have new stadiums, yet NCAA cannot. The stadiums in the games that I mentioned were done from renders, photos, designs, fan pics, and what not. Hell, even MLB The Show 09 is taking suggestions from people for Target Field hoping they can get it as accurate as possible. Something just isn't adding up...
my guess is here is simply numbers. those other games have way less stadiums to deal with compared to NCAA. just a guess though
Old 05-10-2009, 12:33 AM   #19
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

A rivalry is a rivalry..its as simple as that
Old 05-10-2009, 12:37 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
my guess is here is simply numbers. those other games have way less stadiums to deal with compared to NCAA. just a guess though
OMT explained it before. Essentially they could go off renders and such, but they'd spend a full allotment of time and only get it maybe 90% right. Then next year once they could model it after the completed stadium they'd have to devote more time to going back and touching up the in-game version to be 100% accurate.

So instead of using up extra time and resources to double dip like that, they're instead just waiting a year until they can base it off the actual stadium and do it perfect the first time.

There's certainly pros and cons to their decision, but at the very least it's a reasonable decision.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:42 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
OMT explained it before. Essentially they could go off renders and such, but they'd spend a full allotment of time and only get it maybe 90% right. Then next year once they could model it after the completed stadium they'd have to devote more time to going back and touching up the in-game version to be 100% accurate.

So instead of using up extra time and resources to double dip like that, they're instead just waiting a year until they can base it off the actual stadium and do it perfect the first time.

There's certainly pros and cons to their decision, but at the very least it's a reasonable decision.
that makes sense and the good thing is with Teambuilder like someone already stated Gopher fans can just recreate their team and give them a stadium that's closer to TCF (is there one in the game?) should at least get them through this season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2009, 03:02 AM   #22
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
that makes sense and the good thing is with Teambuilder like someone already stated Gopher fans can just recreate their team and give them a stadium that's closer to TCF (is there one in the game?) should at least get them through this season.
I have a feeling that the stadium that they are going to be given will be close to TCF. If not, then I doubt there is a stadium in the game that would work for them if it wasn't already selected.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:18 AM   #23
Rookie

ditchrider1's Arena

OVR: 4

Yep...the mighty Zips of Akron will have to wait until next year as well with our new stadium. I was considering using the Gophers as my Big 10 team until I realized TCF was out. I usually have a few different dynasty's with the Big 10 being one of the conferences I use.

I have been scanning NCAA 09 for a stadium that is similar to what Akron will have in hopes of using TeamBuilder to make it all happen.

You may want to try the same thing, but you're all right...if the stadium is not correct, it makes it hard to play a dynasty with that team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »