Home

No TCF Bank Stadium?

This is a discussion on No TCF Bank Stadium? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2009, 02:36 AM   #1
Rookie

Goose26's Arena

OVR: 3
No TCF Bank Stadium?

Just wanted to make sure I'm hearing/reading this correctly. It would be a game killer for me cuz I can't play as the Gophers in a generic stadium...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2009, 02:38 AM   #2
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: No TCF Bank Stadium?

Since it wasn't going to be done in time for the game (and they supposedly can't go off of renderings and up to date pics) it won't be in. People voted and they decided to give them a similar, open-air stadium instead of the Dome.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:43 AM   #3
Rookie

Goose26's Arena

OVR: 3

Thanks man. I was REALLY hoping they would be able to go off of renderings, since there are some pretty darn specific virtual tours and such on the Gophers website.

Oh well, maybe next year.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:52 AM   #4
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

I don't get it either dude. The Madden team went off renders and stuff for the Cowboys stadium, and that got in. They don't really have any excuses, but that still won't get it in the game. With Teambuilder, I'm sure you can recreate 'Sota and just put em in the Dome if it matters to you.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:55 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Does anybody know if Madden and NCAA kind of "share" an art department? It almost makes sense that they would, which would further confuse my why they can put an unfinished Cowboys stadium in the game, but not the new Gopher stadium.

Makes me wonder if it isn't an NCAA rule or something? I don't know, just speculation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2009, 11:03 AM   #6
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14

Im not sure about be able to share the art work.... I think Adam had said they couldnt share the art work for some reason. I know someone thought it would be easy to take the Cowboys' new stadium but Adam said it wasnt that easy....

Old 05-09-2009, 11:56 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

I have to agree with you Goose26, this was a huge reason I put off buying last years version, thinking that this one would have TCF Bank Stadium. I have posted this before, and I think even got a response. I still cannot seem to understand why Madden and even MLB The Show 09 can have new stadiums, yet NCAA cannot. The stadiums in the games that I mentioned were done from renders, photos, designs, fan pics, and what not. Hell, even MLB The Show 09 is taking suggestions from people for Target Field hoping they can get it as accurate as possible. Something just isn't adding up...
Old 05-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #8
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskatt21
I have to agree with you Goose26, this was a huge reason I put off buying last years version, thinking that this one would have TCF Bank Stadium. I have posted this before, and I think even got a response. I still cannot seem to understand why Madden and even MLB The Show 09 can have new stadiums, yet NCAA cannot. The stadiums in the games that I mentioned were done from renders, photos, designs, fan pics, and what not. Hell, even MLB The Show 09 is taking suggestions from people for Target Field hoping they can get it as accurate as possible. Something just isn't adding up...
hey, at least we get season showdown and wind socks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »