Home

NCAA Football 10 Pre-E3 Hands-On (IGN)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Pre-E3 Hands-On (IGN) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2009, 03:31 AM   #153
Rookie

Mad 69's Arena

OVR: 10
Could you give us reasons why people should not say Madden 10 is going to be better than NCAA 10? This has been the case every year (Madden better than NCAA) and everyone seems to realize it. We don't care about more game modes, we just want whats broken - fixed. Gameplay is what is most important, why waste even an hour developing game types such as Mascot games?
Old 05-17-2009, 11:26 AM   #154
We had subs. It was crazy

MBFranchise's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA Football 10 Pre-E3 Hands-On (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad 69
Could you give us reasons why people should not say Madden 10 is going to be better than NCAA 10? This has been the case every year (Madden better than NCAA) and everyone seems to realize it. We don't care about more game modes, we just want whats broken - fixed. Gameplay is what is most important, why waste even an hour developing game types such as Mascot games?
Picture this:

Coke Zero approaches the NCAA team and says: We will pay you to create Mascot Game and Season Showdown. Neither will take much time to develop and will invariably make 8 year olds buy the game at Wal-Mart. The tradeoff will be that a little of your gameplay development time will be used up. That may upset that hardcore sports gamers but let's face it, they'll buy the game anyway. Work on something that appeals to people who normally won't buy the game because they don't know any better.

Its all about money.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:17 PM   #155
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7
That's great to hear -- except the wide-open gameplay thing.

I loved 09's wide-open gameplay and the speed curve. The only problem with it was that the AI took disastrous pursuit angles, which meant too many long TDs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2009, 12:54 PM   #156
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
That's great to hear -- except the wide-open gameplay thing.

I loved 09's wide-open gameplay and the speed curve. The only problem with it was that the AI took disastrous pursuit angles, which meant too many long TDs.
09 was annoying because there was no defense. Unless a pass was intercepted, usually games were 49-42 or some other ridiculously high scoring games. Wheres the defense?
Old 05-17-2009, 03:07 PM   #157
Rookie

OVR: 2

As long as I dont average 50-10 victories over the CPU on Heisman level like I do now then I will be happy with this years game. Hopefully adaptive AI, defensive assist and improved pursuit angles will help out enough.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:09 PM   #158
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBFranchise
Picture this:

Coke Zero approaches the NCAA team and says: We will pay you to create Mascot Game and Season Showdown. Neither will take much time to develop and will invariably make 8 year olds buy the game at Wal-Mart. The tradeoff will be that a little of your gameplay development time will be used up. That may upset that hardcore sports gamers but let's face it, they'll buy the game anyway. Work on something that appeals to people who normally won't buy the game because they don't know any better.

Its all about money.
Something about the way they're beating the drum for SS tells me they spent some significant time/resources on it, though. When you put it up there with TeamBuilder as the top two features of the game this year, I gotta think it took at least some time.

Not saying it is true, just my theory/speculation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »