Home

NCAA Football 10 Game-Play Round Up

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Game-Play Round Up within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2009, 10:34 AM   #57
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
Intercepting Pitches
You can actually catch a pitch if you get in-between the QB and the pitch man (instead of it just bouncing off you and hitting the ground)
This is great news, something I've been looking for for a while. But I'm still trying to find info on actual QB pitches...One of my biggest frustrations has been when you're hitting a QB or even have him wrapped up, he can still get off a perfect pitch with no consequence.

This post by Russell is the first I'd heard on anything option pitch related, but has anybody seen or come across anything else?
Old 05-15-2009, 10:47 AM   #58
MVP

Gossennator's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NCAA Football 10 Game-Play Round up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
Yeah we moved the defensive line moves to the Right Stick and revisited how they work. You will try and go left or right off a block with the stick instead of trying to pick Power Move of Finesse move... the game will pick what your player is better at.
Will the bull rush move work this year?
Old 05-15-2009, 10:55 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA Football 10 Game-Play Round Up

I thought I saw an offensive line double team in one video (FL vs FSU from a while back - Tebow running some sort of Jet Option).

This hasn't really been discussed very much but it seems like a big thing to me. I'm still last-gen and I don't think I ever saw double-teams in 09, so if they had them in this-gen 09, tell me.

If it's possible to do this, I would think it would open up all sorts of possibilities for "smarter" line play - like, maybe, giving you a real read on zone read.
But that's already been denied: in one of those blog videos, dude said "no, you won't actually see an unblocked defensive end..."

So I'm still just curious as to how that's not possible.
Is it really just about over-speeded defensive players?
Old 05-15-2009, 11:00 AM   #60
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

In yesterday's SS video, I did see the QB stroll out of the pocket and stand to the side, while the pocket was still going on in the middle. I hope that's not going to be a problem with the retail build.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 05-15-2009, 11:14 AM   #61
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegt
In yesterday's SS video, I did see the QB stroll out of the pocket and stand to the side, while the pocket was still going on in the middle. I hope that's not going to be a problem with the retail build.
I noticed that, too...it looked like the rushing DE was completely oblivious to the fact that the qb had strolled out of the pocket. I'm getting the sense from these early videos that Tiburon put in a pocket in name only.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2009, 11:20 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA Football 10 Game-Play Round up

Russ,
Thanks for the list, and taking the time to join us. I can't wait to hear more about the game!
Old 05-15-2009, 11:49 AM   #63
Banned

OVR: 32

I have a feeling 99% of the focus was put towards Madden this year. NCAA 10 will pretty much be the same game we have been playing for a while now.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:20 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 89
Glad to know Pass Blocking is fixed

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »