Home

OS should adopt a team for showdown

This is a discussion on OS should adopt a team for showdown within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2009, 11:21 PM   #1
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21
OS should adopt a team for showdown

Instead of everyone just picking the best teams that a lot of us support. We need to decide on an average team that stands no chance in this showdown thing and get them into whatever tournament happens at the end of the season.

It would actually give most of us a reason to play the showdown feature. There is really no reason to pick a top team because many others will pick them and suck, canceling out a lot of the good. Most of us here are actually good at the game and will rack up the sportsmanship points while still beating opponents down.

Or if there is someone here everyone likes and supports a school with no chance, we can adopt that team.

----

6/25

Seems like ARMY was a team suggested a lot, and I think we could all go for the Army winning this contest as opposed to some top tier school like UF, UT(even though I would like them to) easily winning it.

Last edited by SuperBowlNachos; 06-27-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2009, 11:22 PM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: OS should adopt a team for showdown

Western Kentucky

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 05-14-2009, 11:24 PM   #3
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14

Toledo!!!!

Sideshow Bob
Old 05-14-2009, 11:32 PM   #4
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

[insert favorite team here]
Old 05-14-2009, 11:36 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 39

This could be the best idea ive ever seen on here. I am down for sure...Definitely someone terrible..

Western Kentucky
North Texas
maybe Army

...IDAHO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2009, 11:37 PM   #6
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

no thanks, i'll stick to dynasty. If im taking time to play the game i'm not gonna waste my time playing SS just so my team is in some silly tournament that means nothing and gives me nothing.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:39 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
no thanks, i'll stick to dynasty. If im taking time to play the game i'm not gonna waste my time playing SS just so my team is in some silly tournament that means nothing and gives me nothing.
you get points no matter what game mode you play... so as you play your game in dynasty mode, all the points earned go toward the team you picked in the beginning.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:42 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
yeah for some reason people just aren't understanding this feature and making it out to be something much more than it is here's an old quote from OMT that should tell you how little effort is required to participate

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
This is what you don't understand about Season Showdown. When you get the game, go into the Season Showdown menu... you'll get a popup to declare loyalty to your team. Pick your team and then you can forget Season Showdown forever... cause while you play Online Dynasty and Road to Glory you will be contributing to your school's score. You can participate in a completely passive way. Why wouldn't you use it? It doesn't hurt anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »