Home

What could EA do to make Season Showdown worth playing?

This is a discussion on What could EA do to make Season Showdown worth playing? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2009, 12:43 PM   #17
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: What could EA do to make Season Showdown worth playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
I think the winner at the end should get payed like 4000 microsoft points for been the winner.
Now that would be a hell of a way to say. "Hey, thanks for playing!"

Old 05-16-2009, 01:42 PM   #18
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: What could EA do to make Season Showdown worth playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
thats actually not true. You actually can play it. While you do receive points for how you play the game in exhibition, dynasty & online games that go towards your school, theres also trivia and in Season Showdown mode they have the season schedule set up in real time.

Meaning the season will start 1 week before the 1st real college game and you play whatever your team's game is that week. So if in week 1 in real life, Miami plays FSU, then starting 1 week prior to the real life week 1, Season Showdown begins its week 1 and that Miami vs FSU matchup will be the one you can play for that week.

So technically you can play it. And at the end of week 1 i guess each school gets a certain amount of points for winning the head to head matchup. But what happens when a school plays an FCS school? Like UNC plays The Citadel in week 1, so i guess that means UNC's week 1 matchup in Season Showdown will be FCS Southeast for the week, which means they're obviously going to win every game played as them.
That's going technical. I'm saying it isn't a gametype like Dynasty like people are treating it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »