Home

So this is basically me now...

This is a discussion on So this is basically me now... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2009, 01:27 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: So this is basically me now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I hope we can edit Windsocks, I don't want to be stuck with some stupid generic sock.
seriously, talk about a deal breaker
Old 05-17-2009, 01:36 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoVols1985
Man, is this awesome or what? Which teams are you gonna create? I think the first one I'll do is the 1968 Middle Tennessee State team that my dad played on. The really neat thing that year was they played a game against the old Pensacola Naval Air Station team that was quaterbacked by none other than Roger Staubach a year before he left the service to join the Cowboys in '69. Dad was a D-lineman on that team, and my uncle was the fullback. Pretty cool, huh?
that's awesome man, what site has the old rosters? I'm pretty sure someone started a thread about needing help finding historic rosters. I think he was only going back to the start of the BCS era, but i bet he could still use some help.

I plan on making so many teams it's really gonna be ridiculous. Right now i'm going nuts trying to figure out the final 12 that will make it into dynasty mode. Although if this feature is as good as it sounds I may just end up with numerous dynasties going at the same time which is something i've never done before on any game.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:38 AM   #11
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
I hope we can edit Windsocks, I don't want to be stuck with some stupid generic sock.

meh.

Band>Windsocks

... on second thought..
that is a a legitiment arguement.

whered the band go?

@AdamdotH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2009, 01:54 AM   #12
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
meh.

Band>Windsocks

... on second thought..
that is a a legitiment arguement.

whered the band go?
nothing can beat the mighty windsock, it's the greatest addition to NCAA series in years. flapping in the wind, looking all sexy.(I hope you knew I was joking about the windsocks )

the pre-game stuff is likely to be announced at E3(June 2nd-4th)

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 05-17-2009, 02:02 AM   #13
Banned

davidmj444's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Yeah! What if I don't want a red-orange windsock? Maybe I want to make it longer(that's what she said). Maybe I want to make it blue!
Old 05-17-2009, 02:03 AM   #14
Rookie

GoVols1985's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
that's awesome man, what site has the old rosters? I'm pretty sure someone started a thread about needing help finding historic rosters. I think he was only going back to the start of the BCS era, but i bet he could still use some help.

I plan on making so many teams it's really gonna be ridiculous. Right now i'm going nuts trying to figure out the final 12 that will make it into dynasty mode. Although if this feature is as good as it sounds I may just end up with numerous dynasties going at the same time which is something i've never done before on any game.
It's very hard to find rosters online for teams earlier than the 1970's, when most teams started to produce in depth media guides. Alot of teams who have won national championships from earlier will post the rosters online from that year. Otherwise, there isn't much to be had online. Books are your best bet, which is where I've got most of mine. For example, I have one that has the rosters of Amos Alonzo Stagg's 1913 University of Chicago National Championship team and the 1935 Chicago team that had Jay Berwanger, the first Heisman winner, on it. Sometimes you can find old game programs, which are far older than media guides, that list the starters.

Is it true that any image can be used for the team logo, and that you can use the logo colors as the team colors? I think I heard that somewhere.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:08 AM   #15
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmj444
Yeah! What if I don't want a red-orange windsock? Maybe I want to make it longer(that's what she said). Maybe I want to make it blue!

blue windsocks==tacky IMVHPO

@AdamdotH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2009, 03:15 AM   #16
Pro

Buke14's Arena

OVR: 9

Orange Windsock with a White UT Logo FTW!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »