Home

Game speed??

This is a discussion on Game speed?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2009, 08:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Game speed??

I was reading the article on Madden on ign and came across this.

Another big change that I actually didn't realize until I got my hands on NCAA Football 10 is the change in the general game speed of Madden. I was told by a producer that this year's game has been reduced in speed by 5% to bring it more in line with reality.

So does that mean NCAA game speed was reduced by 5% too? or did they miss quote NCAA for Madden?

I am hoping they reduced the speed.

Last edited by eason24; 05-18-2009 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Formatting
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2009, 09:16 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Game speed??

that is a really good thing to speculate about.

bump
Old 05-18-2009, 09:30 AM   #3
Rookie

i always wondered why bother having a 1-99 scale for an attribute when only the 88-99 is even usable for skill players and defenders. never really made sense to me. they should make it so that like 70 or 75 is like a 5.0 forty time. <---just an example not specific. i think that would help add some depth to the different levels of talent. there is only like 4 levels of speed in last years game, the 88-90 slow guys, the ones up to 94 who are good enough to not be obviously slow, and the fast ones who just out run people no matter how bad they are. im excited to see if this is the case because it really will add more personality and individuality to players that makes the game more addicting.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:05 AM   #4
Rookie

the onizzle's Arena

OVR: 4
Icon2 Re: Game speed??

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpants
i always wondered why bother having a 1-99 scale for an attribute when only the 88-99 is even usable for skill players and defenders. never really made sense to me. they should make it so that like 70 or 75 is like a 5.0 forty time. <---just an example not specific. i think that would help add some depth to the different levels of talent. there is only like 4 levels of speed in last years game, the 88-90 slow guys, the ones up to 94 who are good enough to not be obviously slow, and the fast ones who just out run people no matter how bad they are. im excited to see if this is the case because it really will add more personality and individuality to players that makes the game more addicting.
I think his quote refers to the overall speed at which the game and animations flow, not the SPD attribute that players are assigned.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:00 AM   #5
Rookie

oh ok my fault. i dont think they need to slow the game itself down. never mind
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2009, 04:09 PM   #6
Rookie

floridagatorfan's Arena

OVR: 5

perhaps the starkest difference between the two would be the speed of the games. While NCAA seems to be running at the brisk pace you've come to expect from the series for the past couple of years, Madden NFL 10 has a more measured tempo on the field, one that is entirely intentional according to the game's developers.

This is a quote from gamespot. Sounds like the gamespeed hasn't been changed from last year, at least not in the way that Madden has been to make it more realistic.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:23 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

that sucks if they havent toned down the ncaa speed to a more realistic level. especially if quarterbacks are as accurate as ever. ive said it before that their should be a difference in talent level between madden and ncaa players. not completely a minor league to madden but my 85 ovr ncaa player shouldnt be as talented as a 85 ovr madden player. there should be more of contrast between the two games. i dont want to buy ncaa and madden this year and have more 90+ speed guys on madden or have more qb's capable of making nfl throws on ncaa than on madden, it just seems silly, unless theyre making a commentary on college steroid testing.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:32 PM   #8
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I believe the game speed for ncaa 10 will be the same as ncaa 09 if I am not isteaking. I could be wrong. But from those video clips of 10. It looks to be the same speed it was last year. Which I don't mind. But good thing bout madden 10 is if you don't like the slow game speed that is default. Madden 10 will also have speed sliders aswell. That is what ncaa 10 really need in is speed sliders so fans can choose the speed themselves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »