Home

Well I suck at 09....

This is a discussion on Well I suck at 09.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2009, 10:28 PM   #9
Rookie

rwk2009's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Well I suck at 09....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Recruiting WR's and CB's for speed isn't really cheesing. I'm not going to sign a 4 star B speed WR over a 3 star A- speed WR on that game. It's just being stupid.
It's more of the throwing screens that is unrealistic then the recruiting. I don't think it's even fun to win if you have to throw a screen on 3rd down all game.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:59 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Recruiting WR's and CB's for speed isn't really cheesing. I'm not going to sign a 4 star B speed WR over a 3 star A- speed WR on that game. It's just being stupid.
Well, yes, but Pantherbeast said that he starts all of his fastest guys regardless of their ratings. I consider that cheesing, personally.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:29 AM   #11
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
Recruiting for pure speed and throwing an unreasonable amount of screens is kind of cheesy, IMO.
Then call me mr cheezy. Besides it only agaist the AI. I would never cheese people online. If I play online. I try a sim game not a cheesy one. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2009, 08:11 AM   #12
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Yeah. That is cheesing when you put speed people in when their overall rating sucks. But the recruiting for speed is just what you have to do in that game.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:47 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
LOL I played on the hardest level in ncaa 09 and still only lost about 12 -15 games to the cpu in like 15 seasons with the Tar Heels. lol Dude you just need to get a game plain down. My best advice is in your first season as head coach. Find you fastest players on the team on all levels and put them as starter and just do a lot screen plays agaist the CPU. Then as you go season to season try recruiting the fastest and the best players in the country you can. One of the Keys is speed my friend. When I would recruit. I would go speed WRs and speed RBs and speed CB and scrambling QBs. Dude you should get what I am talking about.

I'm assuming this is sarcasim.

If it's not, it's nothing to be proud of, a blind chimp can go undefeated playing this game that way.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:49 AM   #14
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Then call me mr cheezy. Besides it only agaist the AI. I would never cheese people online. If I play online. I try a sim game not a cheesy one. lol

Because screen passes are very easy to intercept.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:56 AM   #15
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14

I put in some Heisman sliders I got off here. I forget which ones... But I can rarely get a good HB screen off... It either gets knocked down or a defender reads it and I end up losing yards. Only screen Im successful at is the WR screens.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2009, 12:40 PM   #16
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

OVR: 9
Icon14 Re: Well I suck at 09....

well..I don't go for cheese...unless its a grilled cheese .....that why I got away from madden. I was going to get APF but, couldn't find it at Gamestop. The only Gamestop's that had it was in VA and TN and I live in KY. So I got Ncaa 09 to see if I want to get 10. I like the online dynasty and I love to run old skool smash mouth option and I always build my team around my style of play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »