Home

Heisman Trophy in franchise mode

This is a discussion on Heisman Trophy in franchise mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2009, 01:44 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Heisman Trophy in franchise mode

I've won the Heisman 3 times in various online leagues of 10 or more people spanning at least 20 seasons combined. And the criteria to win the Heisman is fine. It's the players who control the canidates that are the problem. I dont even go for the Heisman because it makes the game no fun. I build my teams up to have depth at every position. I spread the ball around and play backups to get them experiance and keep them happy.

But when I go to look at the Heisman race I see someone on another team who has 5 catches for 300 yrds and 5 td's. it bothers me a little bit that some ppl soley play to take advantage of the cpu. I dont see how it's fun for them. But the thing that pisses me off the most if that the guy who wins the heisman only averages around 40yrds in user games. and 300 yrds in cpu games lol.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:12 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 4

I agree with most in the post, it shouldn't be Harder to win the Heisman... it should be Harder to put up the crazy numbers that always win the Heisman.

I didn't play 09 more than maybe 6 seasons because it became painfully obvious that my speed back could break a TD run any time I wanted (just run outside) so it just started to get boring.

But on previous games I only won the award when I had a guy that was truely memorable. I had a QB that was the #1 overall recruit, dropback passer at Marshall that was a Leftwich clone. He won 2 Heismans and is easily the best dropback passer I have had on any NCAA game (that was 2004 by the way).

Also had a WR that won 2 Heismans and the guy broke every single receiving record... but it was because he came in and was the top receiver on my team from day one. He didn't have 99 speed... more like 92 speed. What he did have was 94+ CTH when he walked on campus, and he also had crazy hops to go with his 6'3 215 frame. The guy just got open no matter what route he ran and was totally my safety blanket. He was basically Larry Fitzgerald in a more prolific passing offense (because I had an outstanding QB). He was catching 100+ balls per year and maybe averaging 16 yrds per catch, a lot of that being YAC yards.

Anyway, point is that I can remember a lot of my Heisman winners because they were outstanding players.... and if you don't cheese the game then you can have that as well!

The Thorpe, well if it wasn't so easy to get INTs and return them for TDs then it wouldn't be a problem. I remember my DB in year 12 of my Dynasty on NCAA 04 a lot more than any in previous years because that game was great... and he was shut down as they come and had 11 INTs in one year.... he was top 5 pick in Madden and became a Hall of Fame level DB. He was also the #2 rated DB as a Junior when he put up those numbers so it makes some sense.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:17 PM   #19
Rookie

rwk2009's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
Never won the Heisman - I seem to always have a player ranked in the top 2-3 for the Thorpe.

BTW, has anyone won an award for their O-Linemen?
I had a C win the Rimington and Lineman of the Year... 4 straight years, both awards.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:39 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 7

thorpe is the easiest to win by far. I always have a DB winning this award and it usually isnt even my best corner. However, I think this speaks more to how easy it was to get interceptions against the cpu rather then the stats neeeded to receive the award
Old 05-19-2009, 03:06 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 39

how about adding some presentation for the Heisman ceremony...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2009, 03:45 PM   #22
Rookie

rwk2009's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Bingo, that was what I thought this thread was about before I read it. Soooo necessary.

Show the candidates and a highlight or two of them if possible =)
Old 05-19-2009, 04:06 PM   #23
Pro

Buke14's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
+1
Go Thunder!
Old 05-19-2009, 05:22 PM   #24
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I don't think that the requirements for winning the Heisman need to be changed. They seem to be pretty realistic to me. The problem is that it's too easy to cheese the game. If a FR receiver puts up 2500 yds with 40 TD receptions, he should win the Heisman. They just need to make the game a little less cheesable.

I do, however, think that it comes down to the players too. If you don't chesse the game, it'll be harder.
QFT.

If I blow out a bad team I sub in my backups in the 3rd quarter so they can get some experience. It also limits your starter's ability to rack up unrealistic stats, and therefore, easy Heisman trophies. I know it's a "human fix", but it makes the game less "cheesy."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »