Home

Who Do You Think Will Be The Most Over Rated Team In 2010

This is a discussion on Who Do You Think Will Be The Most Over Rated Team In 2010 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2009, 02:35 PM   #65
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Who Do You Think Will Be The Most Over Rated Team In 2010

[/takes fan goggles off]

To hell with the game, IRL it's

5) Alabama-The loss of John Parker Walker Texas Ranger Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson is just too much. His golden, perfectly-feathered, Gift from God hair wont be under center to distract the Defense. But really,I foresee costly interceptions. Not as much as Pick 6x2 (See Jarret Lee) but enough to work the defence to death.

4) Florida State-When aren't they?

3) Texas Tech-See Florida

2) tOSU-Again, they'll win the Big XI but watch 'em choke on the money shot in their automatic BCS game.

1) Florida-Ok, first off,

DEFENSES CAN ADJUST

The reason for UF's success in 08 was because Tebow got a LOT better in the 07-08 off season. But I don't see him making that big of a jump this summer. He's in a sense maxed out.Tim Tebow has reached his maximum potential. Football is a diffrent game than baseball. You can't make every play by yourself. What defenses have been doing is they have keyed on Tebow leaving other players open. See-Harvin. Demps. James. Rainey. Moody. Hernandez. Cooper. What UF did in 08 was switching Key players, although Harvin carried the load. Ole Miss fans crow about beating Florida, but it was a matter of Tebow actually having to be clutch...

(Yes I Just said That)
Look back. LSU 07. Marching down the field, ball at 35, chance to win, he just has to run out the clock. What does he do? Throw it a (i think) Hernandez's Helmet.

Ole Miss 08. He converts 3rd and 2-3's all the time. B gap's open (not wide but enough for Jesus Ezekial Tebow to run through), and he doesnt even look, runs right into 2 gap (if you don't beleive me look at #75 Backside [Strongside] at 5:11)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKNBs6uCego

You can qoute it or put it in your sig or bookmark this post or whatever.

[/puts fan goggles back on]
GEAUX TIGERS

-WatsonTiger

@AdamdotH

Last edited by Watson; 05-20-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2009, 03:51 PM   #66
six
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugotsII
Any team from the SEC.

This entire conference is not nearly as dominating as they are made out to be.
Wow, this guy is a real winner. The SEC is definitely overrated, they suck, winning 3 straight and 4 of the past 6 national championships and having another undefeated team screwed out of getting a shot at one as well...yes, the SEC is sooo overrated. Sarcasm off lmao.

USC is the choice, now that's a team that is never as dominant as advertised. They find a way to lose to chicken crap Pac 10 team every year...very hard to do, but they do it.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:56 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyForeigner
Yeah, your right, hes got some serious skill? No, SEC is overrated, they are still the best conference but its not by that much. Look at this years teams, sure they have the couple of great teams, but most BCS conferences schools do. Oh yea to answer that 3000 yard thing, teams in this great SEC get so worried by his running, hes able to exploit it when he passes, because they are ready for his gay qb choice. By the way his jump pass is stupid, not cool at all!
The SEC was not the best conference last year at all. The Big 12 was better, and will be better this season.

Everyone that is saying Michigan here, if you are fans of little brother, OSU, ND, WVU and any other Big 10 school I understand why. But, if you arent, please share your reason so I can rebut it. If you say because Michigan went 3-9 last season, I'll immediately laugh in your face. Why? What do you expect from a team without a QB who can run or who can actually hit an open reciever? I expect nothing more then that record. I mean, get real, Threet and Sheridan are not fit for Rich Rodriguez's system, and they cant hit open recievers. Threet can at least be a QB for a D-IA school. He needs to be in the right system though. That system is a pro-style system. He transferred from GT because of the system change. He decided to stay at Michigan last season, but is transferring to Arizona State now. He fits ASU's system perfectly, so he will probably be better. But Sheridan, on the other hand, thats a whole different story. I mean, I dont even think he'll be able to start for a D-IAA team. Michigan will probably be better this year because of the fact that RR finally has QB's that fit the system. Sure, you cant rely on a freshman QB, but I think you can rely on Michigan getting more than 3 wins this year. Realistically, I expect a bowl bid. Most likely a record of 6-6 or 7-5. I dont think EA will overrate Michigan like they will with Ohio State, Florida, Florida State and Notre Dame.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:02 PM   #68
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by six
Wow, this guy is a real winner. The SEC is definitely overrated, they suck, winning 3 straight and 4 of the past 6 national championships and having another undefeated team screwed out of getting a shot at one as well...yes, the SEC is sooo overrated. Sarcasm off lmao.

USC is the choice, now that's a team that is never as dominant as advertised. They find a way to lose to chicken crap Pac 10 team every year...very hard to do, but they do it.
National Champions in college football? Wow. Im sorry, but there will never be an undisputed National Champion until the BCS is no more. The SEC has won BCS National Championships. The BCS is a system that relys on the polls and computers. The media loves the SEC, and the computers love teams who score alot and run up the score. The conference which does that the most? The SEC. The only unbias, well sorta unbias, part of the BCS rankings is the coaches poll.
You can never call a BCS National Champion an undisputed National Champion, and thats final. I mean, you wanna know the only reason why the 2006 National Championship game wasnt a Michigan/Ohio State rematch? The reason is because of the love affair the media and computers have for the SEC. Also because of Urban Cryer, who is the king of lobbying. Mack Brown and Lloyd Carr handled the situations(2006 and this past year) with class. The same can be said for Bob Stoops. But the same can not be said for Urban Cryer, whoops, I mean Meyer.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.

Last edited by yanks26ngoin; 05-20-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:33 PM   #69
Rookie

md0t's Arena

OVR: 3

it seems to me every year its either Ohio State or USC
Old 05-20-2009, 04:36 PM   #70
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

Probably ND cause ESPN enjoys pimping them and EA enjoys sucking on the ESPN teet....
Old 05-20-2009, 04:40 PM   #71
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
The SEC was not the best conference last year at all. The Big 12 was better, and will be better this season.

Everyone that is saying Michigan here, if you are fans of little brother, OSU, ND, WVU and any other Big 10 school I understand why. But, if you arent, please share your reason so I can rebut it. If you say because Michigan went 3-9 last season, I'll immediately laugh in your face. Why? What do you expect from a team without a QB who can run or who can actually hit an open reciever? I expect nothing more then that record. I mean, get real, Threet and Sheridan are not fit for Rich Rodriguez's system, and they cant hit open recievers. Threet can at least be a QB for a D-IA school. He needs to be in the right system though. That system is a pro-style system. He transferred from GT because of the system change. He decided to stay at Michigan last season, but is transferring to Arizona State now. He fits ASU's system perfectly, so he will probably be better. But Sheridan, on the other hand, thats a whole different story. I mean, I dont even think he'll be able to start for a D-IAA team. Michigan will probably be better this year because of the fact that RR finally has QB's that fit the system. Sure, you cant rely on a freshman QB, but I think you can rely on Michigan getting more than 3 wins this year. Realistically, I expect a bowl bid. Most likely a record of 6-6 or 7-5. I dont think EA will overrate Michigan like they will with Ohio State, Florida, Florida State and Notre Dame.

You went 3-9 because your defense sucked. Losing to Purdue...you can't pin that on the QB.

@AdamdotH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2009, 04:52 PM   #72
Rookie

ufer2's Arena

OVR: 3

I'll go with UCF. The Tiburon homers always seem to give the Knights WAY more credit than they deserve. They went 4-8 in '08. What are the chances they actually rank them in the bottom third of football where they (always) belong?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »