Home

No formation subs but wow we have season showdown

This is a discussion on No formation subs but wow we have season showdown within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 10:23 PM   #25
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: No formation subs but wow we have season showdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
Hardcore community? Even the "softcore" community probably doesn't give a crap about Season Showdown. EA completely dropped the ball this year.

We don't have chain gangs, but hey, we have season showdown..fail
We don't have refs, but hey, we have season showdown..fail
We don't have formation subs, but hey, we have season showdown..fail
We didn't fix the gameplay, but hey, we have season showdown..FAIL

Understand where I'm going?
Yea that is what i am talking bout. They give us some dumb SS. But yet can't fix the other stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2009, 10:35 PM   #26
Rookie

zoltranite's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Yea that is what i am talking bout. They give us some dumb SS. But yet can't fix the other stuff.

I feel like they are at least making strides to fix the gameplay... the other stuff has nothing to do with X's and O's so it doesnt really matter to me, a hard core X's and O's guy would not care about cosmetic stuff like having a ref on the field. I dont fully understand what you get out of formation subs when we have formation packages and can pretty much do whatever you need by flickin the right stick, and reset it by flickin it again. I guess the best thing to do is have a formation sub/ formation package feature where you can have whoever you want in a certain packages... so if you want the 5th receiver in a 3WR ace formation you could do that, then go right back to normal without having to press start and hold up the game.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:41 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 29

for me formation subs just make me feel like i'm in total control of my team and yes i understand package subs take care of most of it, but it can be a pain to cycle through the various pacakges every play. with formation subs not only can I get my special teams the way I want them which actually is huge, but I can also easily do things like run a two back offense or use a LB as a down lineman for nickel and dime d

Last edited by moylan1234; 05-22-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:47 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 14

The developlment team looks to have made a good leap, but after 3rd release on the PS3 the game is still not up to PS2 standards in some aspects. The biggest complaint is how where features that made it on the PS1 still not included on PS3? This is my only complaint. Everything else looks like it is trying to improve.

Last edited by moose1619; 05-22-2009 at 10:58 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:51 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
Hardcore community? Even the "softcore" community probably doesn't give a crap about Season Showdown. EA completely dropped the ball this year.

We don't have chain gangs, but hey, we have season showdown..fail
We don't have refs, but hey, we have season showdown..fail
We don't have formation subs, but hey, we have season showdown..fail
We didn't fix the gameplay, but hey, we have season showdown..FAIL

Understand where I'm going?
Go ahead and add simple things like cleats & other equipment to that list

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw
EA has marketed this game to the casual teen to such an extent that it has turned me off like gazing at the once attractive neigborhood girl who frequents the local baskin robbins one too many times. I dread these blogs from the devs, its like what feature are we gonna figure out we don't have this year? EA dropped the ball marketing this puppy.
This honestly is hilarious
Old 05-22-2009, 11:03 PM   #30
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
LoL he was shocked when he found out who was on that list.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:18 PM   #31
Rookie

zoltranite's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
for me formation subs just make me feel like i'm in total control of my team and yes i understand package subs take care of most of it, but it can be a pain to cycle through the various pacakges every play. with formation subs not only can I get my special teams the way I want them which actually is huge, but I can also easily do things like run a two back offense or use a LB as a down lineman for nickel and dime d
I see what you are saying. I would like to control who is playing my kick off coverage too, but the formation packages is honestly the way to go IMO. If you want to get in a dime and have your 2 outside backers line up as DE's you can do that with formation packages. Then if you want to line up regular with only a couple of flicks of the r-stick you can go back to normal... Sure it can be annoying because the r-stick wont work unless you hit it at the exact 90 degree angle, however, isnt that 4 seconds it takes to do that better than having to press start and go through all kinds of screens everytime you want to switch something up?

If I could control Kickoff coverage personnel, I would be happy. Other than that, if I want the spell rb in for a play I can do that. If I want 4 wr's on a 3 wr TE set, I can switch that TE out using the current system. The only thing that you could gain is you having a rediculous speed guy who isnt good enough to start and you want him in on some plays. But the way I see it, they improved Defensive pursuit in this years game anyway, so speed wont be as big as a exploit as it has in the past.

I cant determine if you guys are just cry babies or if you guys are rightfully never satisfied... but I guess thats a good thing... if we were all satisfied then I guess the guys at NCAA wouldnt have a passion to shut you guys up.

BTW, CHEESERS are the reaosnw hy I only play about 2 or 3 guys on line. With this new SS mode that keeps track of stats, inlcuding a sportmanship rating. Maybe now I can have better online experiences. Also I love how they will punish those people who snap the ball and immediately start running to the sideline with the qb.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2009, 11:18 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw
It seems as though all the features that are not in the game this year are the ones I wanted the most. Anyone else feel this way?
I feel this way...they have the resources to make a great game and simply refuse to do it. The entire NCAA team should be totally embarrassed by the product they put out this year.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »