Home

No formation subs? At least do this for us...

This is a discussion on No formation subs? At least do this for us... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2009, 12:00 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 37
Re: No formation subs? At least do this for us...

I would love to hear from Greg, Adam or Ben. Gentlemen, please tell us what you were possibly thinking? This omission is simply mind-boggling. You guys know formation subs is a top three request. You guys are also aware it's in Madden and you share technology. I believe we gamers are entitled to a response to this issue. How does SS become a priority over formation subs???

Last edited by JAYMO76; 05-24-2009 at 12:01 AM. Reason: sp.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:04 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 29

I can at least answer that last part jaymo, they didn't have a sponsor for formation subs.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:40 AM   #11
Rookie

MSchneider84's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
I can at least answer that last part jaymo, they didn't have a sponsor for formation subs.

Honestly, do these guys even play NCAA '09? If I had developmental control this would have been the first thing to be added.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2009, 04:43 AM   #12
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
Sad but true.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:44 AM   #13
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
Sad but true.
Yep
Old 05-24-2009, 11:58 AM   #14
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchneider84

Honestly, do these guys even play NCAA '09? If I had developmental control this would have been the first thing to be added.

How can one even design a football game on next gen systems without formation subs? Its a basic rule of football that is ignored once again. I have lost all faith in EAs desire to make the college football series appeal to the sim crowd. I have spent over a thousand dollars on these EA football games since I was a kid, and it makes me sick to see what crap the NCAA series has become. You can just tell they don't give a crap look at the inconsitency of the blogs and the poor management of the whole marketing aspect of this game . Thats there main premise here and they can't even get that right.

NO formation subs = epic fail
NO custom playbooks = fail ( sounding very unlikely from what the dev said on NCAA strategies)
NO chaingangs = fail
NO dredlocks/long hair = fail
NO updated sliders = epic fail

Without teambuilder this game is a patched version of 09

So the computer throws the ball deep now, thanks for that revolutionary update, thats not an update thats a broke *** fix from a sub par game.

Last edited by stevedrumsdw; 05-24-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:37 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 8

It seems that once again NCAA will fall even farther behind Madden. NCAA seems to really be relying on many small tweaks and Teambuilder. While TB is an interesting feature it is more mainstream and less hardcore. I would give up TeamBuilder for Formation subs ANY DAY! Last year I wanted them so bad when I had all of these dynamic LBers that I wanted to move around but it was only available through packages which rarely did what I wanted to do.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2009, 05:20 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 37
Angry Re: No formation subs? At least do this for us...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckMonts
It seems that once again NCAA will fall even farther behind Madden. NCAA seems to really be relying on many small tweaks and Teambuilder. While TB is an interesting feature it is more mainstream and less hardcore. I would give up TeamBuilder for Formation subs ANY DAY! Last year I wanted them so bad when I had all of these dynamic LBers that I wanted to move around but it was only available through packages which rarely did what I wanted to do.
I just don't understand why EA/Tiburon doesn't get it. YOU CAN'T HAVE AUTHENTIC FOOTBALL GAMING WITHOUT FORMATION SUBS!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »