Home

Formation Subs - Really that big of a deal?

This is a discussion on Formation Subs - Really that big of a deal? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2009, 12:39 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Formation Subs - Really that big of a deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
So is that hard to pause the game adjust the dept chart and use the packages?
When playing against another person, I get annoyed when people spend 20 minutes a game changing people out.

So there's obviously a negative to not having formation subs

What negative is there to having formation subs??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2009, 01:11 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylee
When playing against another person, I get annoyed when people spend 20 minutes a game changing people out.

So there's obviously a negative to not having formation subs

What negative is there to having formation subs??
There isn't one and we need them, especially in dynasty mode trying to be creative as a coach or just move in that frosh running back into a certain formation.

Some people just don't really know what they are talking about and bitch about pepole wanting them in. Must be season showdown lovers who actually just don't watn them in.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:44 PM   #67
Pro

xfactor9600's Arena

OVR: 9

Is there a spell HB or package switch on the playcall screen then? (like in Dime i'd have the option to switch to MLB, LOLB, ROLB). It still doesn't do what I ultimately want to do (Ie on special teams or have one formation where I play my backup RB), but Spell HB and those options will allow me to get some additional players PT.

Where's the link to the discussion about formation subs not being in? I'd like to read the whole article. Thanks!

-Byron Larkn-
During Xavier's Defeat of #1 St. Joe's in the 2004 A-10 Tournament.

Hawkeye Hideout!
Xavier Hoops!
Old 05-26-2009, 01:56 PM   #68
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

My complaint about the packages is the R Stick and the location of the packages. HB Spell/Sub is probably the most used and it should just be one click away. It is always in a different location depending on the formation and sometimes can be a pain to find.

Can we at least have some kind of common order for each formation: HB Spell always one click away, etc.

And can we use L1/R1 to cycle the packages? It'd be easier.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:24 PM   #69

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

I hate the packages because most of them are "one of the other" type things. Say for instance I want my back-up RB in along with my TE at the slot, this can't happen without pausing the game.

To answer the OP and the question in this thread, yes formation subs is that big of a deal. For me, the biggest thing is not being able to customize my special teams units. Some people may not think it is that important, but for me, not being able to put who I want in the game on all of my special teams units is a dynasty-killer.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:32 PM   #70
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

I like that people are giving some suggestions for HOW it should work. First of all, we need formation subs that you can set from the roster screen before a game in dynasty mode.

But during the game, I'd love a small list on the side for each position where you could just tab through with the D-pad or something, and click right/left to sub guys in.

Like it would say QB, then below that, the name of our starter. If I pushed right on the D-pad it would tab over from the play calling screen and I could just push to the right on that QB and it would show the name/OVR of my backup... etc.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:43 PM   #71
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
I like that people are giving some suggestions for HOW it should work. First of all, we need formation subs that you can set from the roster screen before a game in dynasty mode.

But during the game, I'd love a small list on the side for each position where you could just tab through with the D-pad or something, and click right/left to sub guys in.

Like it would say QB, then below that, the name of our starter. If I pushed right on the D-pad it would tab over from the play calling screen and I could just push to the right on that QB and it would show the name/OVR of my backup... etc.
I agree, maybe if we can make enough quality suggestions they might be able to implement something that can work just as well as formation subs.

Think it's too late for this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2009, 05:00 PM   #72
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
So is that hard to pause the game adjust the dept chart and use the packages?
It is during an Online Dynasty game when you have someone on the other end, who may want to do the same thing or may get annoyed that you keep pausing the game to put that stud rush DE in on 3rd and long, or that speedy RB in on 2nd and 5, then put in your big RB on 3rd and 1, then bring in that 6'5" WR when you are in the red zone for a jump ball. It would get tedious if you are playing a guy and that keeps happening all game for four quarters. This is just something that people have been asking to have for some time and instead of that we get Season Showdown, which is a borrowed feature from a fifa game. (the UEFA game I beleive.)

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »