Home

NCAA 10 vs Madden, EA and other issues.

This is a discussion on NCAA 10 vs Madden, EA and other issues. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2009, 11:45 AM   #65
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NCAA 10 vs Madden, EA and other issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by granddogg
Why are ppl comparing what madden has to what ncaa 10. don't have??? They are two different games 1) madden has a bigger budget than ncaa so it will always have more 2) OMT and the ncaa crew is not the boss they can only do what they are allowed to most likely budget reason so to get mad at omt is pointless... 3) EA want madden to stand above ncaa that's why you see words like this feature is exclusive to madden.. it,s exclusive because that's the way EA NOT OMT wants it..... MADDEN HAS TO SELL!!
exactly, but the people that post in the ncaa section are die hard NCAA fans and it upsets them that the game they love more has to take a back seat to the big dog in terms of which is a bigger priority. It sucks but its the way it is. Madden sells more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2009, 01:25 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by granddogg
Why are ppl comparing what madden has to what ncaa 10. don't have??? They are two different games 1) madden has a bigger budget than ncaa so it will always have more 2) OMT and the ncaa crew is not the boss they can only do what they are allowed to most likely budget reason so to get mad at omt is pointless... 3) EA want madden to stand above ncaa that's why you see words like this feature is exclusive to madden.. it,s exclusive because that's the way EA NOT OMT wants it..... MADDEN HAS TO SELL!!
ok madden crew has more time and money but both games cost the same and i think many ncaa fans feel duped not because of formation subs, but because the ncaa team should be working on other things than SS. which shows theyd rather market than listen to the community
Old 05-27-2009, 01:36 PM   #67
Rookie

bosstalk's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopizzle34
Choice is a way of human life. You don't have to shop at the same store.You have a variety of brand choices. You don't have to eat the same food everyday;there are many foods to choose from. Do you have one channel or network on your tv? no. You are able to pick and choose the best for your taste.

EA gets bashed and criticized so bad because they are the only game in town.They have exclusive rights to NFL and NCAAF. EVERYONE HAS TO PLAY THEIR GAME. So there should be no surprise they take alot of criticism.

Exxclusive rights had hampered getting great product in our football games.No one can really say if EA is seriously giving effort.When you're the only game in town,you can put out anything.You can rest on your laurels.There is nothing to be compared to,nothing to be judged by. Look no further than the NBA games. EA is getting tired of being spanked by NBA 2K,so they came with the ground breaking DNA and 365 feature.All that comes from competition and being challenged.I miss the days you could choose between Madden, NFL 2k,NFL Gameday,and NFL Fever. What one didn't have,the other did,and we as consumers were happy.2k5 put Madden on notice,then the exclusive deal came,and Madden has been sour since.

We are lucky to have Ian Cummings as a lead designer for Madden,but our NCAA experience is starting to lag.A game thats been good so long is starting to stale,as evident by a Season Showdown feature no one is really stoked about.

Bottom line is competition breeds good results,but as long as the NFL,NCAA,and EA keep caring about dollars,we will all suffer,so there's no sympathy from me when EA gets bashed for what they put out:they dug this hole they're in.....

great post
Old 05-27-2009, 04:10 PM   #68
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

I agree with RudyJuly. I don't think more than half of the people that will buy the game even know what Formation Subs are and what makes them different from regular substitutions.

Does it make it right that they aren't included, no. Do I understand the reason they didn't invest 500 Dev. Hours into it for this cycle, yes.

Twitch Stream
Old 05-27-2009, 04:38 PM   #69
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

My whole point was: This is a football game (It is a game that has gotten worse over time, nonetheless) and formation subs add a strategic element to the game. Since it is a football game, and EA claims it is in-depth, you'd think formations subs would have been implemented already. I know it didn't take EA long to add Mascot games, I don't care about Mascot games and I'll never play them but people give these stupid excuses as to why we need mascot games or other options that aren't true elements of football and downplay the significance of formation subs.

Formations subs are part of football. Mascot games, season showdown, etc, aren't. I'd love to have all the options we can have but the basics of gameplay need to be addressed before the fluff should be.

I see what Chubby Banana is saying too. It's too late now but the 500 hrs is a lot! Formations Subs should have never been a topic of discussion.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:36 PM   #70
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
I see what Chubby Banana is saying too. It's too late now but the 500 hrs is a lot! Formations Subs should have never been a topic of discussion.
Thanks for seeing my point jdrhammer.

I'm just hoping, as I'm sure most of you here are, that they start working on Formation subs as soon as they start producing NCAA 11.

Twitch Stream
Old 05-27-2009, 07:46 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGiaNTS25
ok madden crew has more time and money but both games cost the same and i think many ncaa fans feel duped not because of formation subs, but because the ncaa team should be working on other things than SS. which shows theyd rather market than listen to the community
No the engine they use across both game but the budget is bigger on madden because of sales the way it work is madden sold about 5 to 6mil last season ncaa about alittle over 1mil...... Think about that whatever sales more gets more....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2009, 09:44 PM   #72
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyBanana
I agree with RudyJuly. I don't think more than half of the people that will buy the game even know what Formation Subs are and what makes them different from regular substitutions.

Does it make it right that they aren't included, no. Do I understand the reason they didn't invest 500 Dev. Hours into it for this cycle, yes.
exactly. Sometime soon I hope it becomes a priority. Even a 2 year development priority. I mean, it was available 4 versions ago on the earlier consoles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »