Home

Cheesing

This is a discussion on Cheesing within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2009, 08:47 PM   #33
Rookie

TheIrishLegend's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Cheesing

That's why I don't play sports games online...too much cheese!
Old 06-27-2009, 11:09 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

I honestly do not find that putting a player who is labeled at a certain position and putting him in a different position is cheating (CHEESING). How ever, i do understand that if a user puts his wr at QB and takes a 20 step drop and scrambles until a WR opens up, THAT IS CHEESING, becuz there is NO SUCH THING AS A 20 STEP DROP OR A 20 SECOND SCRAMBLE. But i also believe that if a User is dumb enough to put a WR at QB, then so be it, becuz im sure he will throw a pick 9 times out of 10.

Now, as to what i was originally saying, i think that if i recruited 25 new players in the off season and i feel that part way through the season that my OLB would make a better DE or that my WR would make a better DB, then who is to say that i can not? they are MY (or your) players to do with what i wish.... and plus, players who are changed to unfamiliar positions play worse (ovr. is dropped)

but like stated at the top, if personel is changed at the QB position merely to scramble 25 yard back and wait for an open reciever, that IS cheating and should never be tolerated

Last edited by Cpt. Hook Em; 06-27-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:40 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

what about subbing your olb's in at de from the play call screen and running dime all game speed rushing w/ the de(olb)

don't say well i'd pound it up the middle all game, bc no you won't somehow they stop that too
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2009, 11:52 AM   #36
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue10
what about subbing your olb's in at de from the play call screen and running dime all game speed rushing w/ the de(olb)

don't say well i'd pound it up the middle all game, bc no you won't somehow they stop that too
I have no problem with subbing OLBs at DE. That happens all the time in real football (mainly 3-4 defenses though). The only problem is that the game is messed up because you can't run on the dime packages. The cheesing here isn't really the subbing, but it's running the dime all game just to exploit the problem in the game.

Just to add... if they were adding safeties or CBs and rushing them, it's cheese, but even then it's still a lack of physics in the game causing the problem.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:56 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 4

i thought the same...even when i went I-form w/ 1 wr he was still in dime lb sub

i use this as well...usually in a 3rd and long situation when i want to get pressure and not let the qb sit in the pocket all day

i just thought running it every single play was a little over the top
Old 06-29-2009, 03:55 PM   #38
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

CHEESE - exploits in physics, A.I., and/or personell and formations used to gain an advantage against an opponent, esp. an online opponent. I.E. 20-yard dropback, ''money'' plays, unbeatable formations, ''zig-zag'' running, ''Rocket Catch'', and nano blitzes.

SIM - using football smarts, unpredictable and strategic playcalling, proper usage of personell, situational understanding, and sportsmanship to beat an opponent. I.E., not going for it on 4th Down EVERY SINGLE TIME, esp. on distances longer than 5 or more yards, not running up a score, running the ball to chew up clock when leading by a large margin, using proper substitutions (subing a QB who has actually had NFL EXPERIENCE at playing WR, like Seneca Wallace, is logical), calling plays that don't take advantage of A.I. exploits, and mixing up playcalling (like not passing the ball 100% of the time unless the QB is subpar, but even then, 80% is pushing it).

This is SIM, IMO...
Old 06-29-2009, 03:58 PM   #39
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

EDIT: I meant ''unless the RB is subpar''...
Old 06-29-2009, 04:01 PM   #40
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

I have one hard and fast rule: If you see real teams do it on Saturday, it ain't cheesing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »