Home

Illustrated guide to why NCAA 10 will be broken yet again...

This is a discussion on Illustrated guide to why NCAA 10 will be broken yet again... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2009, 06:35 PM   #33
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Illustrated guide to why NCAA 10 will be broken yet again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
Zooming out MORE is exactly the wrong direction to go!

I don't want to play from a blimp-style camera angle that makes the player models look even tinier and less detailed!

The point of making my original statement was to illustrate that the existing default camera - which the gameplay footage was taken of in the video on EA's site - is STILL the same as ever, from above and behind the QB as a kind of offensive coordinator in the sky...
While I applaud your dilligence in forming your post I must disagree with the camera point..Have you thought that perhaps some people might actually like the zooming out of the camera?..i think that zooming in lets us see the player details more but takes away from seeing the whole field and eliminates some strategy..IMO of course
Old 05-26-2009, 06:54 PM   #34
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
Ummmm.... I think they do. That is why they have both represented the gaming community at EA sponsored events and you haven't.

You have shown in countless posts that you really don't have an understanding of this game.

The game should be criticized because the NCAA series has turned into trash. 09 was more unplayable than 08. Why would you think that 2010 is going to be any better when they focused on two useless features in Team Builder and SS?
Disagree my man..So just because they are invited to Ea sponsored events makes them somehow more competent or more "diehard" then others who play the game?..There are plenty of posters here whom I am sure played the real game of football and have played the NCAA since its inception...I am one of them...I think that the people who are considered as living and breathing the game are only recognized because they choose to post , blog, etc in different forums sometimes at nauseam(and some even have there own websites)..But I know plenty of people including myself who have played the game religously but choose not to be involved in these types of forums on a constant basis to constantly display what's right or wrong with a game...I agree the series should be criticized for what it has become but to me dissecting some early build videos or pictures without having played the final product doesn't make sense to me..Even though I agreed with alot of what he said based on what he showed from the early build I know that I truly can't judge this game until I have it in front of me...nd to come to conclusions before that seems illogical...No direspect to you or the others but I have seen plenty of people who go to these so called community events and represent the "community give glowing reviews of an obviously flawed product..I used to listen to some of these so called "community representers" only to wonder what the hell were they playing? when I got the final product..So I just trust my own judgement and don't get caught in the hype..negative or positive..LOL
Old 05-26-2009, 06:58 PM   #35
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Well thought out and written post moostache. Its always nice to have visual evidence to help hammer home the point of a post.

Now I'm not saying that the defense will be better than '09 or what we've seen in the screenshots in his original post, but for me, its not clear cut evidence that the defense is "broken". In my opinion there are far too many variables that we just don't know to completely write off the defense this year as being no better than last year.

Does it look bad from these pics? I guess it depends on which side of the optomisitic fence you stand on. But I'm still looking forward to July and getting my hands on the game and having an absolute blast.

And if the defense is as atrocious as it was last year, then I'll move on to something else. But I'm at least going to play for myself before passing on the game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2009, 07:52 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
While I applaud your dilligence in forming your post I must disagree with the camera point..Have you thought that perhaps some people might actually like the zooming out of the camera?..i think that zooming in lets us see the player details more but takes away from seeing the whole field and eliminates some strategy..IMO of course
I think that one of the complaints (and I can see the pros/cons of zoomed in and out camera angles) is that the zoomed out angle allows someone to see the entire field (like you said). BUT, when considering sim-like gameplay, you have to think about it this way: how many QBs in real life can see the entire field all at once? Quick answer is that there aren't any. So by zooming way out it allows you to immediately throw to a WR all the way on the left side of the field when you've been looking to the right side of the field the entire play. While you can do this in real life, it takes a few moments to turn your attention to that side of the field. That's what they tried to correct when madden put in the QB vision or whatever it was called. I guess a lot of people didn't like it, but I thought it was good in theory. It was nice to be able to look off a safety sometimes.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:53 PM   #37
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Give the option of "user defined camera" and everyone is happy.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-26-2009, 07:55 PM   #38
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Give the option of "user defined camera" and everyone is happy.
Thank you. As it was said earlier, "The more user options, the better."
Old 05-26-2009, 08:15 PM   #39
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Thank you. As it was said earlier, "The more user options, the better."
User Defined Camera Would Be Sweet.

Twitch Stream
Old 05-26-2009, 09:15 PM   #40
Rookie

EastSide_Avenger's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
If you think teambuiler or SS is useless:
  1. Dont use it
  2. Dont buy the game
Or shut the hell up and stop complaining. if you think its sucks, dont buy it and GTFO .
Well, I will use the hell outta teambuilder... I like creating stuff... But I think season showdown sounds useless... Looks like I shouldn't 1. Use it or 2. Buy it... Because not liking Season Showdown really kills my draw to play NCAA... Too bad... I should just give up yah? I should just get really hostile when people state there opinions...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »