Home

Illustrated guide to why NCAA 10 will be broken yet again...

This is a discussion on Illustrated guide to why NCAA 10 will be broken yet again... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2009, 02:40 AM   #65
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Illustrated guide to why NCAA 10 will be broken yet again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak1knight
He should go away because his complaining is futile, the game is virtually finished at this point, no use complaining about 10 when nothing can be done, might as well go away until after 10 is out and make constructive criticisms on how to make 11 better. Some people though need to face it, this is a video game and will never be 100% realistic and maybe the features you wanted weren't ignored but they couldn't be implemented properly or on time. People also need to realize that while the developers (I belive) truly care about what the hardcore community wants, their bosses only want to make money; that's where features like SS come from, it's not like OMT and the other guys sit around and decide that the guys on OS will really like a feature like SS, they need to sell games to keep their jobs and minor changes don't sell games (especially when they come out yearly).

And I have no problem with people being passionate, but I do have a problem when some people just like to come on here to moan or bash EA.
I didn't think his post was complaining in the nature of anything being changed this year.
What I gathered from it,was he was simply pointing out to certain posters that use the same excuse of "lets wait till we get it in our hands" that basically what you see at this point his what you're gonna get.

His post was actually correct,the same EXACT thing happened last year as well,in regards to no defense....and the same excuse was thrown around then "wait till we play it for ourselves".....

Like I was saying,his post IS pretty accurate in that the same "excuses" are given year in and year out.....and the end result is usually always the same......the early pointed out issues were easily recognizable in the finished product.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2009, 02:44 AM   #66
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak1knight
I do have a problem when some people just like to come on here to moan or bash EA.
If it's done in a constructive manner,isn't that what a forum is for?
IMO,the criticism against the NCAA series is duly justified,I agree it shouldn't be "personal"....but I would HOPE that the devs would be "thick skinned" enough to be able to take the criticisms in regards to the direction of the series,without them taking anything personal.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 05-27-2009, 02:49 AM   #67
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
I went to Notre Dame and I might not play one game with the Irish. Obviously they are my football team but I don't need to proclaim my loyalty by using them in a video game. I'm gonna use teambuilder to have fun with the game, I'll let the real players determine the outcomes.

If I play with Notre Dame I would hate losing too much to play with them. When I use another team I won't be upset if I lose. I know it's a video game but I don't like to take my team and lose with them.

For the record I don't want to win every game, and I like to make sliders difficult.

BTW Moostache I agree with your points. However I'm not a "the game needs to be perfect in every aspect" person. Not that you are but I personally don't spend time ripping apart screens of a game to point out the flaws. The game is gonna have flaws, but I have found a way to not worry about them to the point where it ruins my enjoyment of the game.

Last year almost broke me down though!
This post here says it all. Game is NOT going to be perfect in every aspect. Probably never gonna happen. Folks are gonna have to get over it, sorry.

Yes, I know there are flaws present, but in all actuality, for a game, the flaws really aren't that major. Def not major enough to stop me from playing. Overall, the game is spectacular. 06 and 07 versions of Madden and NCAA were the true FLAWED titles, I see a turn in the right direction with 09. 10 is going to be the business.

Reference the previous poster stating that if you hate it so much why are you here, I agree wholeheartedly. You dont like it, there honestly is no need for you to be here. Whats the point?
Old 05-27-2009, 03:24 AM   #68
Rookie

EastSide_Avenger's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
Fair comment... but what you need to keep in mind is that many people are bitter because NCAA FOOTBALL on last gen was one of the best games ever! My fave game of all time was NCAA 06 on PS2. I don't get anywhere near that level of satisfaction this gen because so much stuff is missing.

People have the right to share their points-of-view... even if you don't agree... you must acknowledge their right to speak.
Very true as well... I too loved NCAA 06... I loved it so much I went and got songs from the soundtrack... "This, is Shangri-La honey!" Man... Da days ah?
Old 05-27-2009, 05:27 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
see it was my understanding that the suction happens because of the animation reoccuring in a cycle that was hard to break down. by installing branching u could interupt that. i don't know i come off to be a know it all i'm getting game regardless. just play me online i don't cheese hows that.
This is exactly what we were intended to believe. From what I can make out, it has nothing to do with it. Suction is surely a result of how the physics engine responds to the tasks it is assigned by the AI or the user, not when it responds. If it doesn't respond properly then it won't make a difference how many extra opportunities you give it with the branching animation system. We're gonna see this for ever, because if they haven't managed to iron this out after three years then it probably can't be done this gen.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:41 AM   #70
MVP

OVR: 9

im only commenting on the camera angle, personally i love this camera angle and dont want it changed. being given different options however, no problem at all.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:45 AM   #71
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Nice post, and good evidence to back it up. Hopefully some or all of those issues have been addressed from previous years.

The gameplay has to be fixed, and it looks liek EA is at least attempting to do that with the new animations, OL/DL, pro-tak, etc. The only problem is, if it doesnt influence the gameplay, if it only changes the way it looks, it does no good.

Im hoping the defense has been changed (which EA says it has, pursuit angles, adaptive AI etc), but we'll have to wait and see. I know in my FSU dynasty last year, it got ridiculous, I'm a good player, not great, and i play on Heisman and i went from scoring roughly 30 points a game to literally scoring over 100 every game (and giving up 20) in my 4th year. You could just run circles around guys.

Things like Season Showdown (to me) have no place in a video game. I love FSU, thats my team, but I could care less if people play with them in games, or if they show sportsmanship (in offline games). That stuff doesnt matter to me, I'd rather the game play like true football.

Thanks for the post Moostache, and I hope you're wrong (I'm sure you do too)

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2009, 10:49 AM   #72
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
Zooming out MORE is exactly the wrong direction to go!

I don't want to play from a blimp-style camera angle that makes the player models look even tinier and less detailed!

The point of making my original statement was to illustrate that the existing default camera - which the gameplay footage was taken of in the video on EA's site - is STILL the same as ever, from above and behind the QB as a kind of offensive coordinator in the sky...
well more people complained that they couldnt see all the WRs so zooming out more is actually much smarter than zooming in more. The camera is fine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »