Home

Im going to get ripped for this but...

This is a discussion on Im going to get ripped for this but... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2009, 10:48 PM   #9
cdj
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Im going to get ripped for this but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagatorfan
I dont have much of a problem with any of the strategic elements that they added.

The one that I didn't like was the guess pass run left middle or right pre play. My biggest problem with this feature was how it was implemented based on the footage they showed of it, though now it may be tuned a bit more realistically. The way it was in the video was if you guessed run right your linebackers would all immediately run towards the right before the play even got going. I would have liked them to tune this down a bit so that they focus on a certain area but do not run to the right if the quarterback is clearly dropping back to pass.
From using the Defensive Keys at the Community Event, they seem designed for human vs. human games, particularly versus 'prison rules' (cheese, anything goes, etc.) type of players you will likely see online - particularly the Run Left & Run Right that we saw Haumiller use in the FSU video.

We've all played those guys online who run the same plays on certain down & distances. 3rd & short? Speed option right with the WR at QB! Use your Defensive Keys ->Run Right - Boom. johnnywalmart will have to learn some new plays since you just blew up his 3rd & short money play.

The Run Mid & Pass will get some play vs the CPU on 3rd & short and 3rd & long respectively, but IMO the Run Left & Run Right are designed to help shut down human players who run the same dang plays on the same situation repeatedly. As you saw in Haumiller's FSU video (and as he intimated here), defenders go HARD on Run Left & Right. Don't use it if you "think" your foe is running a certain play; run it if you "KNOW" they are running a certain play.

I hope that helps explains it more. Come online play in NCAA Football 10, this will be a widely used and liked feature versus the stereotypical East Room style of play.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:51 PM   #10
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Don't apologize. I think this addition is awesome too. I'm really digging the latest info from tonight. The more strategy involved, the better.

Less than 7 weeks away...
Old 05-28-2009, 11:21 PM   #11
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6

I think it's a fine addition. I'm also relieved to say that I couldn't really find anything to bitch about in the new video. Save for a certain WR's skin tone...

HB # 24 could use a little darkening as well... (C'mon OMT, save me about 30 seconds)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2009, 11:26 PM   #12
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

The main problem that I have, as I've stated other places, is the way that they've got run commit set up. In reality, teams don't run commit to a side. They generally either run commit or pass commit. To the extent that they think the ball will be run to a particular side, they generally align extra players on that side to defend it.

It should be just run commit or pass commit. By having it run left, middle, or right, they effectively make run commit useless. I am pretty sure that what will end up happening as a result is that people only use this to pass commit in obvious passing situations.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:30 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
now, do i think there needs to be 10 blogs/videos about it? no, but hopefully this is the end of SS blogs/videos.
unfortunately i believe we have one more to go, but this one was a hardly an SS blog it had alot more to do with gameplay
Old 05-29-2009, 01:15 AM   #14
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
Nothing about SS says "SIM", its nothing but an arcadey gimmick

yep

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »