Home

Im going to get ripped for this but...

This is a discussion on Im going to get ripped for this but... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2009, 09:54 PM   #1
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49
Im going to get ripped for this but...

I like the strategy portion of SS. We complain about NCAA not being a sim style game...but this is a step in the right direction. i can understand the hate for SS, but this is a pretty cool and realistic feature.

now, do i think there needs to be 10 blogs/videos about it? no, but hopefully this is the end of SS blogs/videos.

@AdamdotH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2009, 10:00 PM   #2
Pro

Lava's Arena

Re: Im going to get ripped for this but...

I like the strategy features they added, but I don't need to receive credits for using them. There's going to be at least one more SS blog.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:03 PM   #3
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Gameplanning is great. No need to think you're getting ripped for it. I just hate they tied it in SS just to push that stupid "feature".
Old 05-28-2009, 10:04 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

the strategy part is undeniably sick, and a step in the right direction to stop cheesers and just to play straight up better football. but as mentioned above, you dont need SS to have strategy.

that being said, im digging the strategy aspect. its nothing too big (it may have taken hard work and effort though so props) but its a step in the general right direction
Old 05-28-2009, 10:04 PM   #5
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Nothing about SS says "SIM", its nothing but an arcadey gimmick
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2009, 10:24 PM   #6
Rookie

floridagatorfan's Arena

OVR: 5

I dont have much of a problem with any of the strategic elements that they added.

The one that I didn't like was the guess pass run left middle or right pre play. My biggest problem with this feature was how it was implemented based on the footage they showed of it, though now it may be tuned a bit more realistically. The way it was in the video was if you guessed run right your linebackers would all immediately run towards the right before the play even got going. I would have liked them to tune this down a bit so that they focus on a certain area but do not run to the right if the quarterback is clearly dropping back to pass.

If you see the video of this (has Ben Haumiller playing as Florida St) the linebackers flow to the right abandoning their asignments even though there is no play action and clearly Florida is going to pass.

I would have preferred them to make it so that if you guess run and the other team passes then the linebackers will freeze in towards the line waiting a bit longer looking for the run which would allow on a playaction pass for the quarterback to freeze the LBs and let the TE sneak over the top of them.

When they showed this video it was from a very early bid so they definately could have tweaked it, but as of right now I am not all that confident in the NCAA team. Hope to be proven wrong.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:25 PM   #7
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagatorfan
I dont have much of a problem with any of the strategic elements that they added.

The one that I didn't like was the guess pass run left middle or right pre play. My biggest problem with this feature was how it was implemented based on the footage they showed of it, though now it may be tuned a bit more realistically. The way it was in the video was if you guessed run right your linebackers would all immediately run towards the right before the play even got going. I would have liked them to tune this down a bit so that they focus on a certain area but do not run to the right if the quarterback is clearly dropping back to pass.

If you see the video of this (has Ben Haumiller playing as Florida St) the linebackers flow to the right abandoning their asignments even though there is no play action and clearly Florida is going to pass.

I would have preferred them to make it so that if you guess run and the other team passes then the linebackers will freeze in towards the line waiting a bit longer looking for the run which would allow on a playaction pass for the quarterback to freeze the LBs and let the TE sneak over the top of them.

When they showed this video it was from a very early bid so they definately could have tweaked it, but as of right now I am not all that confident in the NCAA team. Hope to be proven wrong.

there setting up the reverse!

@AdamdotH
Old 05-28-2009, 10:26 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
Gameplanning is great. No need to think you're getting ripped for it. I just hate they tied it in SS just to push that stupid "feature".
I am sure that I will get ripped for this when I put up a post on it later, but I think this redeems Season Showdown by being included!

I will go into exhaustive detail on this later; but in my eyes the strategy elements (and to a lesser degree the sportsmanship elements - which I am relatively certain will be the focus of next week's blog) - IF done correctly and balanced well - may, just may, be able to cover for the other shortcomings I have been concerned with in other threads....

The idea of collecting points for "your" team IS ******** and if that were all that it entailed it would be an utter waste of time. Thankfully, there is a lot more to it, and some of it just may turn out to be very useful...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »