Home

NCAA Football 10: What's New in Dynasty (ESPN Videogames)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10: What's New in Dynasty (ESPN Videogames) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2009, 11:37 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA Football 10: What's New in Dynasty (ESPN Videogames)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I love the windsocks running joke! Its funny cause that was the first blog I was asked to do, and I was told it would be about the bowl game endzones. Them I'm told I will also be talking about field goal nets and windsocks. I didn't even KNOW we had windsocks! I knew we finally had flags, which is essentially what the windsocks are, but that one really came out of the blue for me. That should give you an indication about how minor of a feature they were. I also submitted it to the web guys without a title, so someone there named it "It's in the Details" which made me groan.
Thank you for remaining thick skinned enough to read these threads...you 100% get my "Man-Up Award" for putting up with the levels of abuse there have been lately...kudos, sir!

Now, since there was this exchange in the interview:
Quote:
ESPN: You talked about how Team Builder was the most requested new feature in "NCAA Football 10." How much influence do the fans really have over what makes it inside the product each year?

Ben Haumiller: They actually have a big impact. We're on the boards a lot and interacting with guys all the time to talk about the game in general and what they want to see added. They have a big influence on what we're doing and where we're going. Those are the guys who know the game inside and out. They know the game as well as we do, and it's my job to know the game. It's great to get their feedback and talk to them because they are truly passionate about what's going in the game and they are always very opinionated about what they like and don't like about the game. We definitely enjoy talking to them. It's like OK, we got Team Builder off the list, what's the next biggest thing you want to see in "NCAA Football 11"? We take that all into account as we head back to the drawing board for next year.
I will settle for a single request - PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE fix the physics of your player locomotion - or at least provide two settings for the players to choose from.

Call one of them "realistic" (full momentum and weight shifts and actually feels like "less control" but realistically replicates the way a QB can move and throw, the way a defender can run himself out of a play or the way a WR can actually elevate for a pass) and the other "traditional" (leave everything the way it is now and allow players to change directions without slipping, slowing or accounting for weight or momentum, allow the same old water-bug like movements and total lack of consequences for physical moves made by a user-controlled player).

Make them selectable to protect the fanboy base who wish to score on every other play and allow those seeking a true simulation experience to choose the more restrictive and realistic settings...

This kind of thing has been done before with racing games I believe...just look at it as a really cool "back of the box" feature for next year! Imagine the interviews! They write themselves!

"This year for NCAA 11 we have added a whole new level of customization to the game that allows our fans to play the game however they like to...we drew inspiration from games like Forza and Need For Speed and the way they offer different experiences to different audiences and then thought, 'well, we ARE the ONLY NCAA experience available, so we put it in our game!"
Old 05-30-2009, 01:33 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3
I think that the mis-matching uniforms will be nice, but I hope u will be able to see those during an online game or dynasty, because I didnt like the fact that I would wear a specific uniform for the occasion and the person I was playing couldnt see the uniform I had. It would show the default home or away.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:53 PM   #35
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCA916
ok so i have a question maybe somebody can answere, with the create a school will it be 2 different templates? one for 360 one for ps3? i ask because i am wanting to know if we can use any created teams or would somebody have to make one for the ps3 if they liked what one looked like for the 360
You only have to create one team and it can be downloaded by either system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2009, 08:02 PM   #36
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCA916
ok so i have a question maybe somebody can answere, with the create a school will it be 2 different templates? one for 360 one for ps3? i ask because i am wanting to know if we can use any created teams or would somebody have to make one for the ps3 if they liked what one looked like for the 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
You only have to create one team and it can be downloaded by either system.
this, yet another advantage of having a web-based Team creation.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 05-31-2009, 02:12 AM   #37
MVP

BSanders's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
but overall, they will come in lower than years past. With that too, they do progress faster now so that they don't stay in that 70 rating. They will still progress to the 80s and 90s, they just won't start there.
I hope this is determined by playing time and how good they do. I don't want guys just improving just to improve.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:36 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 12

so since u can mix n match unis...do all teams have the option of black or white cleats, or will that only apply to the schools that wear white N black???
Old 05-31-2009, 05:26 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsation2k4
would wear a specific uniform for the occasion and the person I was playing couldnt see the uniform I had. It would show the default home or away.
hopefully this is fixed
Old 05-31-2009, 11:03 AM   #40
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
Looks like they're adding in a lot of options that should raise the aesthetic value of the game with Create-a-Team & uniform mixing/matching. This is a big plus and should have been done long ago. Good job on that.

I'm liking the idea of the "gameplanning". It makes a lot of sense & actually rewards players who strategize, manage the game & make smart calls. It sorta reminds me of Tecmo in that on Defense if you select the Offense's correct play it's basically jailbreak! This should add a lot of strategy and serve as a nice "mini-game" throughout the games.

I'm still on the fence as of gameplay. All the bells and whistles don't mean a thing if it doesn't play a solid game of college football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »