Home

Vague Road to Glory Info

This is a discussion on Vague Road to Glory Info within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2009, 02:59 PM   #17
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Vague Road to Glory Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler741
I would argue that NHL 09 got it right, or at least has it going in the correct direction, unlike NCAA.

I'm also curious to know, how fast or slow will your player develop? Hopefully you don't come in and go from fourth string to first in 2 games and then become a 90 overall after a season.
In NHL 09, I'm on the ice after every stoppage, regardless of whether I start, it takes about 2 weeks to make the NHL team... the mode is a lot of fun, but it's not quite right yet. I'd really prefer to work my way up and have some motivation to get myself to the first line.

Also, I'd like to see more depth outside the game itself. I, unfortunately, haven't yet thought of the solution to that, so I can't really blame them if I can't offer any ideas.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:14 PM   #18
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

I hope it's like Madden's Superstar Mode where it's pretty much surrounding you, but doesn't take as long as Maddens.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:11 PM   #19
MVP

Gossennator's Arena

OVR: 15

I wonder if there is going to be an online aspect.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:43 PM   #20
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
In NHL 09, I'm on the ice after every stoppage, regardless of whether I start, it takes about 2 weeks to make the NHL team... the mode is a lot of fun, but it's not quite right yet. I'd really prefer to work my way up and have some motivation to get myself to the first line.

Also, I'd like to see more depth outside the game itself. I, unfortunately, haven't yet thought of the solution to that, so I can't really blame them if I can't offer any ideas.
Be A Pro has the rating part down. In my 4th season I was still an 84. In NCAA I can become a 99 OVR after one year. I liked that level of progression. I still had my weaknesses. In NCAA you're a beast from the get go.

And I was stuck between line 1 and 2 in NHL. Won the MVP in my second season and still was being told by the coach that I wasnt playing at a high enough level(then was moved down to put a bum rated 77 in the first line).

Anyway...
I would like to see the classes and tests make a return. Also the choices you have to make in your free time. Go to a party and increase my popularity, but take a huge loss in stamina and awareness. OR stay in and work out and increase different areas(strength for lifting, stamina and acceleration for running, etc...) or stay in and study to help with my GPA.

I'd like workouts to be interactive as well. I want pretty much all the mini games you see in Madden(specifically 7v7, Weight Bench, and 40) in NCAA for RtG(Road to Glory).

Old 05-31-2009, 09:21 PM   #21
Rookie

EastSide_Avenger's Arena

OVR: 3

I really liked the football camps and spring drills too! I hope they bring that back! I also wanted to know if I was the only one who had no in-game commentary when I played CL for 09?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2009, 09:26 PM   #22
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler741
I would argue that NHL 09 got it right, or at least has it going in the correct direction, unlike NCAA.

I'm also curious to know, how fast or slow will your player develop? Hopefully you don't come in and go from fourth string to first in 2 games and then become a 90 overall after a season.
Yeah then you would really have to think about what school you wanted to go to. Right now you can go to Texas and bench McCoy opps QB #12 before the season even starts. If you go to some school you would have to red shirt.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:27 PM   #23
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastSide_Avenger
I really liked the football camps and spring drills too! I hope they bring that back! I also wanted to know if I was the only one who had no in-game commentary when I played CL for 09?
i didnt get any either

@AdamdotH
Old 05-31-2009, 09:55 PM   #24
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

I like the new additioins to practice mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »