Home

Gophers stadium not in the game?

This is a discussion on Gophers stadium not in the game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2009, 09:42 AM   #1
Pro

WildFan22's Arena

OVR: 8
Thumbs down Gophers stadium not in the game?

Any chance it will be in an update or DLC? If not then I have to take this game off my must buy list. I was hoping it was just a bad rumor. If you haven't seen it in person, the stadium is epic compared to the Metrodome.

Last edited by WildFan22; 05-31-2009 at 09:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2009, 10:11 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Gophers stadium not in the game?

i dont think they could do a whole stadium in an update
Old 05-31-2009, 10:16 AM   #3
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

So you were going to buy the game just for this stadium......?
Old 05-31-2009, 10:23 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverinesFinest
So you were going to buy the game just for this stadium......?
Does sound a bit "strange". Maybe he's just venting a bit.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:59 AM   #5
Pro

WildFan22's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm disappointed that's all. The Gophers don't usually have a lot to be excited about. The Metrodome is embarrassing and the new stadium is a breath of fresh air for us.

I don't expect a Michigan fan to understand me. Remember the comeback Michagan had at the Metrodome about 5 years ago? Imagine that happening to the Wolverines every year for 30 years. Now pretend you played in the Metrodome for those 30 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2009, 11:06 AM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Hey...I'd be disappointed if Papa John's Cardinal Stadium wasn't in the game. Nothing like going there on Saturday afternnoon's to watch a game live, then coming home and playing their in NCAA football.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-31-2009, 11:12 AM   #7
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildFan22
I'm disappointed that's all. The Gophers don't usually have a lot to be excited about. The Metrodome is embarrassing and the new stadium is a breath of fresh air for us.

I don't expect a Michigan fan to understand me. Remember the comeback Michagan had at the Metrodome about 5 years ago? Imagine that happening to the Wolverines every year for 30 years. Now pretend you played in the Metrodome for those 30 years.
Im just saying that your 60 should be based off more important things than a stadium but yea id be upset to if my teams stadium wasn't in the game either. I havn't seen their new stadium but you could probably simulate it using teambuilder and another teams stadium, Georgia dome possibly?
Old 05-31-2009, 11:20 AM   #8
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

From what I understand from Adam, Minnesota's stadium just wasn't completed enough for them to be able to take the kind of measurements they need to accurately recreate a stadium in the game. It takes so long to do a single stadium, that they didn't want to have mistakes and have to redo it for 2011. They're just going to get it right next year when it's completely finished.

Now what you can do is use Teambuilder to change Minnesota's stadium. You can select Minnesota's exact logos, uniforms, field design, and roster; however, you could change the stadium to one of the generic outdoor stadiums. It won't be the exact stadium, and I fully understand your disappointment of not having your new stadium in the game, but it'll at least be an outdoor stadium that will look fairly close to the new one.

Last edited by Pokes404; 05-31-2009 at 11:53 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »