Home

is anyone els buying this just for something to do until madden 10 comes out?

This is a discussion on is anyone els buying this just for something to do until madden 10 comes out? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2009, 05:43 PM   #25
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: is anyone els buying this just for something to do until madden 10 comes out?

Well last year I played a few seasons worth of NCAA 09 while I played madden for a few games and quickly traded it in. I am more of a nfl fan and this year Madden looks like its the real deal. I'll be buying both though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2009, 06:09 PM   #26
Rookie

Happyvally74's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: is anyone els buying this just for something to do until madden 10 comes out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by balvarez
That smiley guy must be a Penn St. player putting his hands up right before the slam the cuffs on him.
hahahaha good one man. Yeah, we've had our share of problems with the law but that is alll behind us
Old 06-02-2009, 06:11 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm not a big NFL fan. I only play Madden if my friends get it. NCAA all the way.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:18 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
No. I love NCAA football and though I like the NFL in real life, as well, it just doesn't compare to the NCAA. Thus, I rarely play Madden and haven't bought it since Madden 07 (Which I only played a handful of times). If Madden is amazing, I may give it a shot, but I think you all who think Madden is going to be some amazing breakthrough are going to be in for a disappointment.
Madden will definitely top NCAA this year.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:19 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

This is probably the first year I really plan to play Madden more. I hope I'm wrong because NCAA has always been my favorite but I think that's going to change this year.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
I know that's what has been said, but i'm just saying from the actual vids that have been released so far Madden doesn't look any different than last year in the trenches while NCAA does. even some of the guys that went to CD are saying they're not happy with the OL/DL interaction in Madden so i'm just saying we've all been down this road before and it's best not to make any grand proclamations until we have the games in hand.
In the trenches, madden 10 looks like night and day compared to 09. I don't know if the NCAA team is simply not revealing features so they don't ruin Madden marketing campiagn, but as of now Madden 10 will have fumbles pile ups, stretched ratings to separate the elite from the average, gang tackling with up to nine players and additional QB ratings(that we know won't be in NCAA 10).

Last edited by Dmacho; 06-02-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:25 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
In the trenches, madden looks like night and day compared to 09. I don't know if the NCAA team is simply not revealing features so they don't ruin Madden marketing campiagn, but as of now Madden 10 will have fumbles pile ups, stretched ratings to separate the elite from the average, gang tackling with up to nine players and additional QB ratings(that we know won't be in NCAA 10).
not from the gameplay vid with the cowboys+eagles and not from what the guys that played it at CD have said. specifically for the passing game, run game i agree looks better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2009, 06:46 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

I always buy both regardless. College football is a million times better than the NFL imo but Madden always has the better gameplay (Not that it's great but it's superior compared to NCAA imo).

What I usually do is sim a dynasty on NCAA and play Madden online. If the gameplay on NCAA was ever as good as Madden I wouldn't even touch Madden. Last time I really played NCAA was NCAA 04 which is my favorite football game of all time, the game play was somewhat cheesy but I felt in control.

I'm looking foward to this years though and if it's playable I will probably play both online (I can't bring myself to play the computer anymore, lol).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »