Home

Break Tackle Engine?

This is a discussion on Break Tackle Engine? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2009, 11:20 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Break Tackle Engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActLikeYouCrow
what was the counter that the defense had? or was it just stripping the ball?
Well the counter for it is basically having to either have better tacklers or have multiple tacklers. It is all ratings based so it's not like you are going to take your 50 overall fullback and juke out of tackles. Now if your allstar RB is tackled by a weak corner you will probably be able to shake the tackle if you choose the right move at the right time. If you do get out you will be slowed down so the defense will be in better shape to catch you.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:34 AM   #10
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckMonts
Well the counter for it is basically having to either have better tacklers or have multiple tacklers. It is all ratings based so it's not like you are going to take your 50 overall fullback and juke out of tackles. Now if your allstar RB is tackled by a weak corner you will probably be able to shake the tackle if you choose the right move at the right time. If you do get out you will be slowed down so the defense will be in better shape to catch you.
Adrian Peterson didnt seem to slow down at all! That guy is too good for words on the game...I wonder with the new ratings system how far he will drop from the rating he had last year. I say he will still be the highest rated HB

Old 06-03-2009, 12:03 PM   #11
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8

That engine was unrealistic as it gets. You could be faling backwards with no momentum at all, and then suddenly plunge ahead for a 2 yard gain and get the 1st down. I liked the idea but it was overdone to an extent. There were a lot of times where it worked well and looked realistic, but when your RB is halfway down, and then plunges out of that animation into a new one isnt realistic at all.

I hope they fixed it where body momentum plays a role in when and where you can do it, because it was too easy to always fall ahead even when you got drilled back. And the worst part about it was that you could do it even more with smaller RBs.

Darren Sproles was a monster, he is a good RB IRL but he doesnt break tackles like that on a normal basis. I hope they tuned this feature better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2009, 12:04 PM   #12
Rookie

kdeal4's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
Adrian Peterson didnt seem to slow down at all! That guy is too good for words on the game...I wonder with the new ratings system how far he will drop from the rating he had last year. I say he will still be the highest rated HB
He is the highest RB. ESPN did a blog on the top 10 players at each skill position and defense. I haven't seen any of the videos yet that pastapadre uploaded, but I hope we see some of this break tackle engine in the videos.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:13 PM   #13
Rookie

kdeal4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYaWeigtUp
That engine was unrealistic as it gets. You could be faling backwards with no momentum at all, and then suddenly plunge ahead for a 2 yard gain and get the 1st down. I liked the idea but it was overdone to an extent. There were a lot of times where it worked well and looked realistic, but when your RB is halfway down, and then plunges out of that animation into a new one isnt realistic at all.

I hope they fixed it where body momentum plays a role in when and where you can do it, because it was too easy to always fall ahead even when you got drilled back. And the worst part about it was that you could do it even more with smaller RBs.

Darren Sproles was a monster, he is a good RB IRL but he doesnt break tackles like that on a normal basis. I hope they tuned this feature better.
I agree, I hoped its tuned as well, but I really did like the engine a lot, however.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:22 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

this looks insane sick wicked bumpedy stupid... or what ever thekids say now adays. im happy
Old 06-03-2009, 12:29 PM   #15
Rookie

kdeal4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpants
this looks insane sick wicked bumpedy stupid... or what ever thekids say now adays. im happy
I'm pretty happy myself. I just want to see some videos with it, it'll make me a lot happier if I can see it in action in the NCAA game. I'm always afraid when NCAA takes something from Madden because Madden usually runs things a little better. As someone said on the first page, it's suppose to be more fluid and what not... lets hope EA did that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2009, 09:27 PM   #16
Rookie

kdeal4's Arena

Maybe it's just me, but it didn't seem the break tackle engine changed to the Madden 09 engine. Maybe I just need to get my hands on the demo when it's released and see for myself.

Did anyone else notice a change in the break tackle engine?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »