Home

Hard to guage NCAA '10 right now...

This is a discussion on Hard to guage NCAA '10 right now... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2009, 05:00 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Hard to guage NCAA '10 right now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53

I just wish we could hold off judgement until weve actually had the game in our hands for a little while.
Some people can use logic to realize the game probably wont live up to expectations. Not everyone has to waste 60 bux buying the game, or waste 6 bux renting the game to know its not going to deliver a good experience. With all the resources we have, you dont have to wait until the game is out to make a solid judgement of the how game will end up. Using videos, hands on previews, interviews etc can lead to PLENTY of info letting an individual make the conclusion that the game probably isn't worth purchasing.

Here is an example, i knew Terminator: Salvation the game was going to suck, and suck hard before it released. How did i know this? I read interviews and previews on it, watched videos, etc. I also knew it was based on a movie, which generally is bad news itself. I didn't have to spend 1 minute playing the game to come to the conclusion that it wasn't going to be any good. The final verdict on that game? An overall metacritic score of 47. This easily relates to NCAA as I and many others feel the past versions of NCAA on the next gen systems haven't been any good, so what makes us think this one will be any better when all we have heard and seen makes us believe it hasn't evolved enough? Some of us dont have to play the game for months to realize the game isnt what we want in a college football title.

Last edited by ProjectSRT; 06-03-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:07 PM   #18
Rookie

GatorFan1963's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
I hate to say this, but that is completely ridiculous. It's like handing the Cavs the Orlando series before it's even started, or handing the Pats next year's Super Bowl because Tom Brady threw 8 passes in practice that looked pretty sharp.

Give it a freaking chance. 3 month pre-release videos are just that, pre-release. I understand your frustration at some videos, but it's no reason to write the game off without a thought. In the past we wouldn't have known AYTHING about these gameplay features like WR/DB, OL interaction, etc. Now they tell us, and just because you aren't fully satisfied you're ready to forget about the game a month before release? That's just overdramatic and ridiculous in my opinion. I personally think the changes that have been made will make a big difference in the games playability. No video can give you a sense of how the game feels. And someone elses opinion about it doesn't matter to me.

I just wish we could hold off judgement until weve actually had the game in our hands for a little while.
I hear what you are saying, but the start of your post tells the whole story, "I hate to say this". Yes they are pre-release videos, but if EA is trying to sell the hardcore fan with these pre-release videos then they are doing a horrible job. Like I said, many of us are trying to remain optimistic here and you have every right to do so. But after watching the E3 trailer and getting Pasta Padre's impressions of playing what I think will be the demo, then EA can keep this crap. It's one thing if we are getting no videos and such before the release and then I form my opinion, but I have seen numerous vids and pics and I've seen all I needed to see. The only way I see my opinion changing is if they come with some MAJOR gameplay feature that nobody saw coming....then...and only then will I give this game a major look. Other than that, I'll rent it at some point. Because at this point this game is nothing more than NCAA 2009 (and a half). But I did have fun with TeamBuilder for a few hours...and now I'm bored with it...
Old 06-03-2009, 05:23 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSRT
Some people can use logic to realize the game probably wont live up to expectations. Not everyone has to waste 60 bux buying the game, or waste 6 bux renting the game to know its not going to deliver a good experience.
yes those people are called psychics. since you seem to be one, do you mind providing lotto numbers as well?
Old 06-03-2009, 05:30 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 7

If you saw a preview for a movie and didn't enjoy the preview/didn't find it promising
and got poor reviews of it

would you spend 20 bucks going to the theater (date, popcorn, etc) to watch it?
Old 06-03-2009, 05:35 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylee
If you saw a preview for a movie and didn't enjoy the preview/didn't find it promising

if it was about cfb or something else i was passionate about of course i would. i don't trust reviewers and how many crappy movies have amazing trailers? so that's not a barometer at all. I trust me and me alone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2009, 05:39 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
yes those people are called psychics. since you seem to be one, do you mind providing lotto numbers as well?
No, its called intelligence, i cant help ya with that.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:43 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSRT
No, its called intelligence, i cant help ya with that.
it's intelligent to make a decision on something without experiencing it for yourself? a dictionary would be good for you.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:47 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylee

If I see previews and reviews of the actual finished game and they are horrible, then I likely won't waste my money. But I am one of the few that has actually done my best to enjoy the next-gen games by understanding that we are dealing with Madden's little brother. I don't like Madden so I do the best with what I have.

I'm not saying I won't be disappointed by some aspects of the game, but I had alot of fun with '07, '08, and '09, even if you don't believe that's possible. And I'm not the 'casual' gamer....I play my dynasties on Heisman, I have a formula for deciding between players in recruiting and on the depth chart, etc. etc. etc.

Just like everyone crowning the Cavs a month ago, everyone is crowning Madden as the king of all sports games ever. Well, I'm not seeing it. The videos are not really THAT exciting. And two weeks after release, most of you won't even be watching the stupid week-end shows and stuff anyway, because you'll have seen everything a ga-gillion times. That's not what brings me back to a sports game months after release. Commentary is important, but pre-game shows are pointless when its the same exact thing every....single....game. When you play a hundred games, who cares? I start skipping it after 3 games anyway, so is it really that big of a deal?

The point is, quit saying 'NCAA sucks so much compared to Madden, the best game ever made!!!' when neither game is even out yet. If you don't like NCAA because of the videos and such, fine, post in one of the already 45,786 threads about it.

You know, of course you're getting excited about Madden.....you've heard 100,000 words on all the new things they've done, straight from the developer's mouths. Of course they have you excited! But a month or two after release, I guarantee there will be a considerable number of people feeling let-down because they hyped themselves up SO MUCH for a game that will still have problems, is getting boring to them already, and still lacks the depth that they had themselves 100% believing would be there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »