Home

Hard to guage NCAA '10 right now...

This is a discussion on Hard to guage NCAA '10 right now... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2009, 05:51 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Hard to guage NCAA '10 right now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
if it was about cfb or something else i was passionate about of course i would. i don't trust reviewers and how many crappy movies have amazing trailers? so that's not a barometer at all. I trust me and me alone.
I'm passionate about football too, probably too passionate.
I didn't pay that much to watch "Gridiron Gang."
I figured I wouldn't like it. Of course, if someone else liked it, good for them, but, based on what I saw and heard, it did not contain what I would like to see in a football movie.

I generally don't trust reviewers, but I can often glean from them the tone or theme of a movie. And what I've learned from the reviewers of 10 (if they are to be trusted at all - and I trust padre) is that the gameplay is very similar to 09.
Just as there are certain things I don't enjoy in movies, the gameplay of 09 is not very enjoyable to me.

If you liked it, good. Buy the game and be happy. All I'm saying is that being an informed consumer is knowing your expectations or desires and researching to see if the product offered is going to conform to those.
I'm not going to spend $60 AND THEN decide that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2009, 05:54 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
it's intelligent to make a decision on something without experiencing it for yourself? a dictionary would be good for you.

Your reading comp is horrid. Did you not pay any attention to what i said? Why bother even reading or watching a preview? According to you, the ONLY way to judge something is to try it/do it yourself right? Im sorry, but thats just stupid.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:55 PM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylee
I'm passionate about football too, probably too passionate.
I didn't pay that much to watch "Gridiron Gang."
I figured I wouldn't like it. Of course, if someone else liked it, good for them, but, based on what I saw and heard, it did not contain what I would like to see in a football movie.

I generally don't trust reviewers, but I can often glean from them the tone or theme of a movie. And what I've learned from the reviewers of 10 (if they are to be trusted at all - and I trust padre) is that the gameplay is very similar to 09.
Just as there are certain things I don't enjoy in movies, the gameplay of 09 is not very enjoyable to me.

If you liked it, good. Buy the game and be happy. All I'm saying is that being an informed consumer is knowing your expectations or desires and researching to see if the product offered is going to conform to those.
I'm not going to spend $60 AND THEN decide that.
This is EXACTLY my point here though....what you call a 'reviewer' is actually a 'previewer'. The game doesn't come out for a month, and last year they changed a number of things between demo and release. Albeit, they were bad decisions, but we are not looking at the finished product here. You havent seen any 'reviews' yet. So quit calling them that. Read the reviews on July 17th or even wait till August, then make up your mind. Making it up right now is just silly.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:01 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylee
I like how everyone likes to quote PP in saying the gameplay is very similiar to 09 but they conveniently leave out his very next statement that said something along the lines of the CPU AI being much better (which imo was the biggest flaw of 09) and also keep in mind he made those comments while playing on low difficulty and now we're hearing that by moving up to just AA he's already seeing more improvements. i'm not saying it's not good to be an informed consumer just that with video games even moreso than movies I really have to experience them myself in order to judge and you do have other options to achieve this besides buying the game; rental, play at a friends house, or even the demo.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:08 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSRT
Your reading comp is horrid. Did you not pay any attention to what i said? Why bother even reading or watching a preview? According to you, the ONLY way to judge something is to try it/do it yourself right? Im sorry, but thats just stupid.
wrong. most people, like webster for instance would call that intelligent. so let me check my reading comp real quick using the analogy someone else brought up. are you saying you've never enjoyed a movie that you read a bad review for? or watched a lackluster trailer for?
Old 06-03-2009, 08:42 PM   #30
Rookie

lendog691's Arena

All of us hardcore cfb fans and true sim sports gamers have to do is look at the thread started by ODogg like month ago and pretty much everything in there pretty much tells the truth on where this game is. Hopefully after this year they will listen to there true fans. I'm pretty sure sales will be down as they were last year and only they can change it, less gimmicks/fluff more of the big 3.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:47 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 5

Another Gator fan who feels the pain of the god awful revo facemask selection and design...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2009, 11:29 PM   #32
Rookie

milmont77's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorFan1963
I've already written this game off. I realize that some people need to get the game in their hands before they can give their final judgement and I understand that. But to me this is the most disappointing jump from one year to the next of any NCAA game.
LOL. L.O.L. !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »