Home

Honest Assessment of NCAA 10

This is a discussion on Honest Assessment of NCAA 10 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2009, 07:00 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Honest Assessment of NCAA 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSRT
Because I dont have to play the game. The gameplay isnt my complaint. I felt the gameplay was solid last year. Its the presentation and atmosphere, stuff that Madden has focused on and, as of this point, NCAA clearly has not.
See I'm the kind that doesn't care much for presentation, other than in-game stuff. I thought Colinsworth was good in Madden last year. But pre-game, halftime, post-game, week-end; they're all just fluff for me. All that matters is that running my team is fun, and playing the games is fun. If they add a little more depth to both, I'd be really happy. The set-up plays and aggressiveness add a little wrinkle to gameplay, which is good. Apparently we're still waiting on another gameplay feature which hasn't been announced yet. Recruiting has a new wrinkle with pitching against opponents. To me the biggest thing lacking is some semblance of depth in other areas of dynasty...please give me formation subs, please give me great CPU playcalling...please give me some reason to actually gameplan my opponents. Please give me a CPU that analyzed my team and decided his best running matchup was to pound the right side, his best passing matchup was to punish my small corners, or that he was better off throwing more in the game. I don't want the CPU to stumble across these ideas by getting smarter throughout the game, I want them to see it before the game even starts. That way if I want to win, I have to see which OL is weakest to know how to line up my D and where to blitz, etc. etc.

If you want to say 'do it online'...I've tried, its pointless. people don't play legit enough to do that.

But anyway, you can see why we disagree...we have different priorities. I'm ok with that, I totally understand and it's fine with me. But I think alot of people around here could stand to not throw their opinions around like no one else could possibly have a different one (not that you are doing that, just making a point)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2009, 07:31 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan21
I hope you are wrong, but deep inside I think your right.
No need to think. He is just spit ballin on how bad the game is when he has absolutely no experience of playing it. I myself is waiting to buy.

As far as you making your own thread about not getting it...You are kind of spoiling it for the NCAA fans. Some people get it...Some people dont...Nobody cares.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:48 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinSports414
On and on it goes. Someone starts a thread to complain. People read the criticism and complain about that. The person responds, others join in, and, you get another thread filled with silly arguing back and forth. It will be interesting to see what peoples' reactions to both Madden and NCAA this year will be around late August and early September.
Well, nobody had posted this TODAY. So I can see where the OP was coming form.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:02 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
Then of course you have the almighty thread-police come in and say 'you guys are being silly in here!'

YOU GUYS ARE BEING SILLY IN HERE!!
Old 06-03-2009, 08:30 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaduck
That's like deciding which tastes better, Post's 100% Bran or Kellogg's All Bran, by looking at and reading the box.
No, it's like eating Post 100% Bran and Kellogg's All Bran every day for the past 4 years, then hearing they have reduced the salt in the cereal by 5% and added 1% more sugar and having a good idea as to what each of them will taste like.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-03-2009, 08:55 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
No, it's like eating Post 100% Bran and Kellogg's All Bran every day for the past 4 years, then hearing they have reduced the salt in the cereal by 5% and added 1% more sugar and having a good idea as to what each of them will taste like.
Great analogy.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:08 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxtrev
NCAA 10 is not worth a rent right now IMHO. Compare it with Madden 10 which has totally owned NCAA in every possible way: improved gameplay, fumble pile ups, gang tackling, chain gang, refs on field, pregame, halftime, postgame show, injury carts, weekly studio show, etc. Everything NCAA has Madden has and more (oh wait, except for Season Showdown, oh yaaaaaaaaaaay).

For the 4th year in a row, NCAA has no changes to its pregame buildup. This is unacceptable. And for the 7th year in a row, NCAA has no changes to its commentary (with the exception of Erin Andrews).

Madden has made leaps and bounds improvement in one year and NCAA has done nothing. You can all buy NCAA 10 but expect nothing more than NCAA 09 repackaged and costing 60 dollars.

Pros:
1. NCAA added Erin Andrews to report sideline injuries.
2. Actual pocket is formed.
3. WR/DB interraction.
4. Band is on field.

Cons:
1. No pregame, halftime, or postgame show.
2. No unsportsmanlike penalties for excessive celebrations.
3. No squib kicks.
4. No weekly recap show.
5. Band on field LOOKS horrible.
6. No major gameplay improvements.

Bottom Line: This one doesn't even deserve a rent.
If you don't like Corso, Fowler and Herbstriet doing commentary then you don't like College Football, They are college football with the addition of Erin Andrew will make the announcing better. IF you haven't played the game then you don't know what the gameplay will be like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2009, 09:20 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3

my honest assesment is to close this thread because it is getting ridiculous,

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »