Home

Honest Assessment of NCAA 10

This is a discussion on Honest Assessment of NCAA 10 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2009, 05:13 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 42
Re: Honest Assessment of NCAA 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
No, it's like eating Post 100% Bran and Kellogg's All Bran every day for the past 4 years, then hearing they have reduced the salt in the cereal by 5% and added 1% more sugar and having a good idea as to what each of them will taste like.
What kind of freaky mutant tastebuds do you have that you can detect a 1% increase in sugar in a bowl of cereal? Let alone imagine it by just looking at the cereal.

And I change my assesment of some people being glass half full types...they are now"The glass, without me tasting/seeing it, is half full of salt water and is dirty and has bugs in it."
Old 06-04-2009, 07:40 AM   #58
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
This must be the horrible analogy thread now.

But seriously, I am going to laugh so hard when the over-hype machine for Madden comes crashing down. From the videos I've seen, I really think it's funny that people are thinking Madden is so great, yet NCAA is not going to live up to what were already low expectations for most people. Rent it, read some reviews, something, but don't write it off. And don't crown Madden the king of all video games. That's all I'm asking, for a little more sanity and a little less stupid drama.
Ummm..........I haven't written off anything. Sanity? Stupid drama? Crowning video games? Huh? You seem to be predicting eminent doom for Madden by saying how hard you're going to laugh when the "over-hype machine for Madden comes crashing down." Okay.

I just think that everyone who jumped all over the original poster for being able to form an opinion based on everything we know and after seeing actual gameplay video is silly.

Question to you. From what you've seen which game has shown the greater on field improvements (this includes presentation) from 09 to 10? Madden or NCAA?
Old 06-04-2009, 07:55 AM   #59
stewaat

OVR:

My honest assessment is this thread is ridiculous. However bitch if you want, it's your life.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:29 AM   #60
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

My honest assessment...

I'm going to enjoy NCAA '10.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-04-2009, 08:43 AM   #61
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxtrev
NCAA 10 is not worth a rent right now IMHO. Compare it with Madden 10 which has totally owned NCAA in every possible way: improved gameplay, fumble pile ups, gang tackling, chain gang, refs on field, pregame, halftime, postgame show, injury carts, weekly studio show, etc. Everything NCAA has Madden has and more (oh wait, except for Season Showdown, oh yaaaaaaaaaaay).

For the 4th year in a row, NCAA has no changes to its pregame buildup. This is unacceptable. And for the 7th year in a row, NCAA has no changes to its commentary (with the exception of Erin Andrews).

Madden has made leaps and bounds improvement in one year and NCAA has done nothing. You can all buy NCAA 10 but expect nothing more than NCAA 09 repackaged and costing 60 dollars.

Pros:
1. NCAA added Erin Andrews to report sideline injuries.
2. Actual pocket is formed.
3. WR/DB interraction.
4. Band is on field.

Cons:
1. No pregame, halftime, or postgame show.
2. No unsportsmanlike penalties for excessive celebrations.
3. No squib kicks.
4. No weekly recap show.
5. Band on field LOOKS horrible.
6. No major gameplay improvements.

Bottom Line: This one doesn't even deserve a rent.
Fool.

I need to go find a neuro surgeon now , to see if I can get my lost brain cells back, after reading this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 09:20 AM   #62
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
But seriously, I am going to laugh so hard when the over-hype machine for Madden comes crashing down. From the videos I've seen, I really think it's funny that people are thinking Madden is so great, yet NCAA is not going to live up to what were already low expectations for most people. Rent it, read some reviews, something, but don't write it off. And don't crown Madden the king of all video games. That's all I'm asking, for a little more sanity and a little less stupid drama.
I tend to agree with this. With two games that share many gameplay designers, I would like to think the games wouldn't be that different. And by different, I mean I don't think one game will be great while the other will suck. I think Madden probably won't be as great as people think it will be while NCAA won't suck like some people are predicting. Hopefully both games will be fun.

I do agree that it seems Madden really focused on good gameplay stuff while NCAA seems to be focusing too much on the other stuff. I don't have a problem with people being disappointed by the info released for NCAA so far because I'm one of them!

The truth is that while NCAA could use a lot of improvement in some areas, it just needed to fix a few key areas to be a lot better. I think that's what we'll get with NCAA 10. A game that is devoid of major problems and will largely be enjoyable even if it still lacks some things that we want. Many people are saying NCAA 10 will be what NCAA 09 should have been. I think that could be true but I also think that means many of us will be happy.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:35 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I tend to agree with this. With two games that share many gameplay designers, I would like to think the games wouldn't be that different. And by different, I mean I don't think one game will be great while the other will suck. I think Madden probably won't be as great as people think it will be while NCAA won't suck like some people are predicting. Hopefully both games will be fun.

I do agree that it seems Madden really focused on good gameplay stuff while NCAA seems to be focusing too much on the other stuff. I don't have a problem with people being disappointed by the info released for NCAA so far because I'm one of them!

The truth is that while NCAA could use a lot of improvement in some areas, it just needed to fix a few key areas to be a lot better. I think that's what we'll get with NCAA 10. A game that is devoid of major problems and will largely be enjoyable even if it still lacks some things that we want. Many people are saying NCAA 10 will be what NCAA 09 should have been. I think that could be true but I also think that means many of us will be happy.
I agree with you, but for one major issue. NCAA 10 has done next to nothing outside of Teambuilder, other than a few gameplay tweaks which should have been available in a patch rather than charge $60. As I have limited interest in teambuilder and was hoping to at least play coach mode, which is ruined now due to STILL only having one camera angle, I cannot justify spending anything on it.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:37 AM   #64
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
My honest assessment is this thread is ridiculous. However bitch if you want, it's your life.
Best post of the thread. Great call.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »