Home

Speed in NCAA vs Madden

This is a discussion on Speed in NCAA vs Madden within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2009, 03:15 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Speed in NCAA vs Madden

http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...en-nfl-10.aspx thats the post about speed in madden. I-A college football is slower than nfl, its more wide open because of the disparity in talent. if they brought a similar engine to how madden is slowing theres down 5% this year, then adjusted ratings across the board you'd be able to have a realistic representation of how college football is a more open game but without the players being superhuman like they were last year. who knows what the graph looks like for ncaa. the change in throwing power could also be a critical change but i dont recall if thats going to be in ncaa. last year in madden every qb threw a bullet pass at 77 mph but they adjusted that for this year. OMT did say that we will see incomplete passes that arent dropped by either side, but we'll see.

reading some of what pasta said he encountered on all american gives me hope.

Last edited by ActLikeYouCrow; 06-05-2009 at 03:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2009, 03:45 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think that the overall speed should be toned down. But the real problem was the disparity between a high and low speed guys. Add the horrible pursuit angles with that and it made the game unplayable at times.

I just want RB's like P.J Hill to be as effective in his style of running as a Chris Rainey would in his style of running. Big backs were useless in 09 in my opinion.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:47 AM   #27
Rookie

And Dammit give me a way to run a true 3 Running back system (formation subs). I know, wrong thread, but I had to say it.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:46 AM   #28
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I think the overall game speed in NCAA 09 was too slow. It took a WR 2 or 3 seconds to run 10 yards. That's too slow. I think the player momentum was very poor in 09. You could change directions much too easily as well. I'd rather see players run faster but change directions much slower.

I liked the speed of the game and feel of the players much better on the old PS2 versions.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:50 AM   #29
Rookie

Apollo's Arena

OVR: 5

Just add the speed slider from Madden 10 into NCAA 11 and the problem is solved.
Everyone can tune the game speed to their liking.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:09 PM   #30
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo
Just add the speed slider from Madden 10 into NCAA 11 and the problem is solved.
Totally agree! Plus Madden gets sliders for injury and fatigue and NCAA didn't add anything to the sliders.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:22 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Totally agree! Plus Madden gets sliders for injury and fatigue and NCAA didn't add anything to the sliders.
I would love sliders for both of those in NCAA. I play with injuries on in my dynasty, but turn fatigue off because how unrealistic it is.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2009, 04:29 PM   #32
Rookie

miamicanes504's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo
I thought both games were getting the speed slider

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »