Home

Just be happy you getting a COLLEGE FOOTBALL game!

This is a discussion on Just be happy you getting a COLLEGE FOOTBALL game! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 04:01 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Just be happy you getting a COLLEGE FOOTBALL game!

BTW, I'm seriously looking at that Black College Football Xperience game. If anything, I'm gonna rent it at least. It seems like a good change of pace from NCAA, which I'll probably rent first as well.

My Teams: Green Bay Packers, Wisconsin Badgers, Marquette Golden Eagles, Milwaukee Brewers, Virginia Tech Hokies, Texas Longhorns, Houston Texans, Houston Rockets
Old 06-05-2009, 04:02 PM   #10
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettoshark
That game doesn't look half bad. Bands are fully implemented, there are team entrances, the animations look excellent, there happens to be a halftime show, and the mini-game actually looks semi fun.
I'm really impressed by the fact that all the players wear the same face mask.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:11 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
BTW, I'm seriously looking at that Black College Football Xperience game. If anything, I'm gonna rent it at least. It seems like a good change of pace from NCAA, which I'll probably rent first as well.
i don't know man i guess some of the animations look all right, but if I told you what i thought of those player models I get called a racist. also, i have zero interest in controlling the band. if i do rent it i'll probably play it for a half and then go right back to NCAA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2009, 04:24 PM   #12
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Complaining about complaining is unproductive and just creates more problems. Everyone expresses themselves in their own way. I do think some people can be too negative but this is a message board. It's an avenue for frustration and praise.

I don't think people should filter their thoughts because developers are on the board. It's great that these guys are here and that we get to interact with them. But their presence here causes some people to act as though we should limit our complaints. We should treat them with respect, like every other poster on the board. If a developer's presence changes the way the message board operates then I think we start having problems.

The Show forums developed a huge problem these past months since too many people wanted to limit criticism rather than allow people to speak their minds. What about every non sports gaming thread or entertainment thread on OS? Should we not be critical of that episode or chapter of Heroes if we didn't like it? If a producer of the TV show started popping in here and interacting should we automatically limit the criticisms that weren't a problem before the producer showed up?

"Just be happy" is a nice little slogan but it doesn't do much for many people. And if a product is subpar, we don't have to "just be happy".
Powerful post.

People need to stop bitching about the bitching because they're only adding to the problem.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:42 PM   #13
Rookie

egkb2753's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Complaining about complaining is unproductive
Complaining is unproductive, period. If you don't like it, don't buy it. No one is forcing you to buy this game. It is completely up to you, the consumer, if you want to spend your money on it. Do you have a right to be angry if the game doesn't live up to your standards? Sure. Do you have the right to complain about it? Sure, but it doesn't do anyone any good and just makes you look somewhat lamentable.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:11 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

I agree complaining is unproductive, but I don't agree that anyone should just be happy with a game. Especially if they are going to ask us to pay $60 for it.
Critisism of the game is a good thing. It's the only way that improvements will ever be made.
Now, calling the game crap and cursing the dev's is going to far. Especially when they're just doing their job (and judging by how many of us are on here in the middle of the day, I'ld say they are probably working harder on their job than we are at ours)
Old 06-05-2009, 05:18 PM   #15
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
That game doesn't look half bad. Bands are fully implemented, there are team entrances, the animations look excellent, there happens to be a halftime show, and the mini-game actually looks semi fun.

Watch the vid on the site. You'll be impressed. I mean, when have you seen a tackle like this on NCAA:
I'm thinking the same thing. I've always bought NCAA on the day it came out but this year might be a change of pace. That game doesn't have much on the equipment end but not a big deal to me. I like the band idea and controlling what they play and how they play it looks awesome. The team entrances are cool. The halftime show looks sweet as well. I wish NCAA would look at this game try to implement in the band and team entrances. NCAA is most likely way better than this game as I have never heard of it until now but this game has some things that kills NCAA in. IMO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2009, 05:19 PM   #16
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by egkb2753
Complaining is unproductive, period. If you don't like it, don't buy it. No one is forcing you to buy this game. It is completely up to you, the consumer, if you want to spend your money on it. Do you have a right to be angry if the game doesn't live up to your standards? Sure. Do you have the right to complain about it? Sure, but it doesn't do anyone any good and just makes you look somewhat lamentable.
Sorry to disappoint you, but complaining is how voices get heard and are the early steps for those that are not in positions of power to initiate change.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »