Home

Is Chase going to be posting video clips of NCAA '10 like he did Madden?

This is a discussion on Is Chase going to be posting video clips of NCAA '10 like he did Madden? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2009, 07:31 PM   #41
Rookie

kdeal4's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Is Chase going to be posting video clips of NCAA '10 like he did Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
Maybe I've been watching too many Madden videos because these videos look like they are played in fast forward.
It's just too bad there isn't a slider that can adjust game speed. That would be ideal. Wasn't there an NCAA game (probably last gen) that had something similar?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2009, 07:42 PM   #42
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

The other obvious problem that I saw in the video was the complete lack of physics, momentum, and weight.

It looks like we can change directions without penalty again this year. Check out the run by Herron from the 1 yard line. Weightless players again.

I'm guessing that the flat passes to the TE's and RB's will have the same problem this year as we've seen forever. The catch with the momentum taking them out of bounds every time even though there is plenty of room to run.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:00 PM   #43
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

The guy controlling OSU was pretty poor in terms of just reading the play. Pryor was obviously fast, but not dominant, though the playcalling could have been much better.
The game looks better, however I am still concerned about all of the amazing cuts done by the players.

What also scares me is that Shotgun, Goal Line and Hail Mary appear to be the only offensive formations for OSU. I knew we were going more spread, but the day Jim Tressel completely abandons the I formation is the same day that he dies.

The pursuit angles do look better though. With the stats Pryor has in the game, I am surprised he couldn't just take off nearly every play for at least 5 yards.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:39 PM   #44
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
The other obvious problem that I saw in the video was the complete lack of physics, momentum, and weight.

It looks like we can change directions without penalty again this year. Check out the run by Herron from the 1 yard line. Weightless players again.
I agree. I'm still not happy about the lack of momentum. It looks a little better than last year. The players seem more fluid to me but I would take the PS2 weight and feel of the players any day over the next gen system. I wish the developers would go back and play the old games and get a feel for how those players moved.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:54 PM   #45
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
I agree. My only hope is that it's being played on Varsity. I hope.

If not, we are going to have the pass rush from '09, but with better animations (not a hundred pancakes and chop blocks galore) and a semi-pocket.
No word from OMT or Kinry on this yet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 08:52 AM   #46
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I thought Chase said he would have NCAA impressions and videos up yesterday?
Old 06-08-2009, 12:12 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 5

Firstly, I hope this is a lower level indeed, considering how bad this guy seemed to play but still was able to move the ball.

The physics and momentum thing is a problem most definitely, cause it also makes the game play faster than it should. I don't know if this is something that will have more of an effect on higher levels, or if it's just not there cause of the gameplay issues, but it needs to be addresssed in some way.

Also, the defensive line needs to be able to break off a block quicker. It will help with contain. Though on most of those plays, there was nothing they could do cause Pryor will get to the outside most times. The key usually is the next level being able to contain him. I would need to know what defenses were being called against to really know if there was something messed up there.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:04 PM   #48
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I agree. I'm still not happy about the lack of momentum. It looks a little better than last year. The players seem more fluid to me but I would take the PS2 weight and feel of the players any day over the next gen system. I wish the developers would go back and play the old games and get a feel for how those players moved.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »