Home

Is NCAA 09.5 really that bad?

This is a discussion on Is NCAA 09.5 really that bad? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2009, 10:09 AM   #9
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: Is NCAA 09.5 really that bad?

Yeah, I agree with aukevin, Take out SS, and TB and it would seem like we are about to drop $60 on a patch for NCAA 09. The two biggest features of '10 aren't geared towards me and while I'll probably get NCAA '10 this is the first year since in a long time that I will rent it first vise, going to college park and paying a little extra to have it the weekend before the street date. While Madden has moved from a rental first to "hunt to get it early" That is saying a lot personally.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-08-2009, 10:12 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Call it NCAA 09.5. Call it NCAA 10. Whatever. If the CPU QB logic is better, along with better pursuit angles, better pash rush, more refined passing game (overthrows, underthrows, off target throws that hit the ground), reduced INTs all across the board, playcalling logic, CPU clock management, CPU throws the deep ball, CPU AI RBs making up their damn minds and hit the hole, sideline awareness logic, better tackling, improved playbooks, new helmets and a ton of new animations, I'll be a happy camper.

35 days left....or less!!
+1
Old 06-08-2009, 10:15 AM   #11
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

I feel the same way Rizing.

I've been critical of the NCAA '10 team this year but I was mainly comparing them to Madden and creating unrealistic expectations. They don't have the budget of Madden so I shouldn't expect the same results.

If those areas are addressed then I won't be mad with NCAA. It will feel much different than Madden which IMO is a good thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 10:25 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
To me, NCAA 09.5 isn't worth $60, maybe $45 though.
This is exactly how I feel
Old 06-08-2009, 10:26 AM   #13
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez

I've been critical of the NCAA '10 team this year but I was mainly comparing them to Madden and creating unrealistic expectations. They don't have the budget of Madden so I shouldn't expect the same results.

If those areas are addressed then I won't be mad with NCAA. It will feel much different than Madden which IMO is a good thing.
I think that the main factor in whether or not NCAA 10 will be perceived as a failure will be Madden 10. The reason I say that is that Madden 10 is looking like it at least has the potential to offer some major gameplay changes that could potentially leave NCAA in the dust (yes, referring to Pro-Tak)

If Pro-Tak is gimmicky and dumb, Madden will get flamed on, and a lot of people will like NCAA just fine. But since the two titles are so similar year after year, if Madden offers a cool new feature that gives it a more 2k/APF feel, it would be very tough to go back to the "old way" of having the computer (only) decide for you how many yards you get after initial contact.

The roster issues are a little scary, but I anticipate the community solving that problem. If nothing else, roster problems are less of an issue for long-term dynasties, where you end up with all created players phased in over 5 seasons anyway.

But Pro-Tak aside, how many times can you remember a successful sports franchise that underwent any kind of MAJOR overhaul this deep into a generation's lifecycle? The PS2 Maddens were basically all the same game, albeit with gradual improvements and new features. Same with the venerable 2k series, from 2002 to 2004. I don't think anyone could realistically expect a complete deviation from the way this game was in the past. And honestly, if you were already a fan enough of the series to consider buying it, you probably wouldn't want that anyway. Major overhauls should happen between generations, or between competitors, not within the same franchise from year-to-year.

Last edited by StormJH1; 06-08-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:48 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez

They don't have the same budget, but charge the same price. Your expectation should be on value. If it doesn't provide the same value as other $60 games then the decision should be easy from a consumer standpoint.

All they had to do was fix a few things for NCAA 2009 to be a very good game. For me(In no particular order:

1. AI throwing too many interceptions. And Worse Pick 6's because of the WIIIIIIIIDE OPEN game play.

2. No AI Deep ball.

3. AI play calling was brutal with the Cement Shoe Shuffle. A QB with 60 speed repeatedly running a QB choice play.

4. Automatic FG's. Please make it harder or bring back the button system

5. Fumble replays. No suspense, if the booth replyed it, it was over turned every single time.

6. Speed. The game was broken after 1 year. A team of 2* freshman speedsters could destroy USC, Florida, etc. WIIIIIIIIIIIIDE Open.

7. Penalties. Have the sliders actually work. I want to see more penalties.

If they fix the above, the game will be worth $60, if not, it will be worth considerably less to me.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:00 AM   #15
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

I hated last years game so I doubt NCAA will be for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 11:12 AM   #16
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13

To me ncaa 09 was fun,yes it had its problems but bottom line a had fun with it.Cant wait till i get 10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »