Home

Back from E3

This is a discussion on Back from E3 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2009, 10:05 PM   #177
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Back from E3

June 29th? Man thats a ways away. We could possibly have the demo by then. lol

Old 06-10-2009, 10:31 PM   #178
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
First off thanks for all the family well wishes, I really do appreciate them.

Our "Accelerated Clock" is handled by an option in your Play Call menu called "Chew Clock" basically it works the same way: runs time down to 12 seconds or so when you come to the line. However it doesn't run your play clock down if the game clock is not moving (time outs for example).

We ran through all the Recruits attributes, so ideally most of those size issues are taken care off.

The overall (OVR) formula was adjusted this year to make some attributes matter more (for example speed for WR's), this really drives the caliber for recruits so it really cleans up some of those issues of really slow WR's being 5 stars.

Set-up plays will work no matter what Play Call style you are using, however you will not see what plays are linked together using Play Type. But it will tell you how close a play is to being set-up and when it is set-up on the Play Call menu. Basically it didn't really look right to have Play Action plays in Run Middle plays
Are you guys looking in to fixing the Team Builder and how it won't save some teams? I made a seahawks team down to the very last person on the depth chart and 2 hours later I went to save it and it would not save. I am not trying to make any team until I see that this has been fixed.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 06-12-2009, 12:16 AM   #179
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
Are you guys looking in to fixing the Team Builder and how it won't save some teams? I made a seahawks team down to the very last person on the depth chart and 2 hours later I went to save it and it would not save. I am not trying to make any team until I see that this has been fixed.
Any word on this fix??

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 06-12-2009, 11:00 AM   #180
NCAA Football 10 Designer

Russell_Kiniry_EA's Arena

OVR: 12

Yeah you very well could have the demo before then

And yeah we've seen there is a rare issue of some people not being able to save teams, and yes we are looking into it. Just not 100% sure what it causing it to happen yet.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:18 AM   #181
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Something I thought of last night when recruiting on NCCA 09.

Do incoming freshman all have correct equipment and gloves? I remember having to check my freshman class each year after recruiting and giving out gloves to WR's...RB's....ect...along with sometimes fixing linemen who had taped hands or wristbands on their elbows. I also noticed a lot of visors on players.

Not a major thing since it can be corrected by the user, but I didn't know if something was in place to give guys a more generic look depending on position.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2009, 01:27 PM   #182
We had subs. It was crazy

MBFranchise's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingFan4Ever
Something I thought of last night when recruiting on NCCA 09.

Do incoming freshman all have correct equipment and gloves? I remember having to check my freshman class each year after recruiting and giving out gloves to WR's...RB's....ect...along with sometimes fixing linemen who had taped hands or wristbands on their elbows. I also noticed a lot of visors on players.

Not a major thing since it can be corrected by the user, but I didn't know if something was in place to give guys a more generic look depending on position.
This may be just me, but I disagree with your point. I see plenty of skill guys without gloves, and linemen with armbands. Also, more and more players are wearing visors so I think it is accurate. Overall, I would be against a generic "WR" or "LT" equipment set.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:56 PM   #183
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

OVR: 9

Hey Russ, any chance we see a spreadsheet of the real rosters before release. This will make loads of people happy (possible mad depending).
Old 06-13-2009, 09:00 PM   #184
Rookie

OVR: 4

i hate , HATE, when i go to my freshmen and have to edit all of thier shoes and visors bc they are nike and Michigan is sponsored by adidas

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »