Home

Back from E3

This is a discussion on Back from E3 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2009, 09:47 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Back from E3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActLikeYouCrow
the cpu wr's generously took advantage of there not being a penalty if they ran out of bounds then came back in to catch a pass last year. thanx for taking the time out to correspond with us, best wishes to you and your fam.
This, completely ridiculous
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2009, 09:49 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 7

Hope everything's okay with the family. Good luck.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:32 AM   #67
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
I keep seeing people say there are no Freshmen on the Team Builder site, but Oregon State has their #1 recruit a Freshmen QB listed there as well as many other Freshmen

You respond with evidence from one team and answer a broad question about " teambuilder rosters".

Any other questions you want to field?
Old 06-09-2009, 11:34 AM   #68
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantirishfan
also another question.

are the days in recruiting where you recruit a 5'11' 210 lb guard over? in other words are the heights/weights of incoming recruits alot more realistic? and if not can we at least edit their heights/weights unlike last last year.??

Good point many of my defensive ends in dynasty were 210-215 which made things a bit frustrating.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:37 AM   #69
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

In our current OD there is a 4* DE from my homestate that has great attributes. He runs in the 4.5 range and benches around 400 which would make him a can't miss prospect. Am I recruiting him? Absolutely not. The reason...he's 6'0" 207. It seems like most of the top 6-8 DE's are short and weigh less than 220. That's insane. They have addressed some problems with the recruiting engine and players generated so I'm really hoping they did they're homework here.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:42 AM   #70
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
In our current OD there is a 4* DE from my homestate that has great attributes. He runs in the 4.5 range and benches around 400 which would make him a can't miss prospect. Am I recruiting him? Absolutely not. The reason...he's 6'0" 207. It seems like most of the top 6-8 DE's are short and weigh less than 220. That's insane. They have addressed some problems with the recruiting engine and players generated so I'm really hoping they did they're homework here.
Agreed. This pissed me off the most about recruiting.

6-3, 320 DTs with only C- STR, but that 6-4, 250 DT would have A- STR. The height/weight rarely matches the attributes when it comes to the trench players.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:47 AM   #71
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Or the 280+ DE's have C- to D STR with B spd.

They have the same problem with heights for QB's as well. There are way too many 6'0" QB's. There should be a few that are only 6'0" & a few more who are 6'1", but the majority of QB's should be 6'2" - 6'4" with several being 6'5" and 6'6". Size and weight should factor into ability as well IMO. I know there are smaller players who can do well in college but that should be factored in when going to Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2009, 12:04 PM   #72
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
Agreed. This pissed me off the most about recruiting.

6-3, 320 DTs with only C- STR, but that 6-4, 250 DT would have A- STR. The height/weight rarely matches the attributes when it comes to the trench players.

Another thing that pissed me off so was many 5 star pospects running poor 40 times. A five star linebacker is almost never going to run a 4.8 and a 5 star WR is never going to be the slowest wr on a team unless he is 6'9". Speed and size are the determiming factor in rating recruits. There is a kid form my home town who ran a sub 4.4 and was a very productive RB in highschoo,l but was only a 3 star coming out because he weighed 170 pounds. Put 30 pounds on that guy and you have a monster 5 star prospect.

Last edited by stevedrumsdw; 06-09-2009 at 12:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »