Home

How good we have it...

This is a discussion on How good we have it... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2009, 09:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
How good we have it...

PS3 Ncaa Football 2008

Did anyone else buy/play this game?

I just pooped it in(i meant to say that) to see what it looked/felt like and if it was as bad as i had remembered.

It was.

Starting off, the Menus while shiny and neat took at times upwards of 3 seconds to respond to any input...meaning if you wanted to get to the rosters, or dynasty mode...you were going to need to wait.

And once in the rosters or dynasty modes...More slow menus....Slow menus that loaded into a slow game. Blocky players that can only turn at right angles running at a blistering 30 frames a second.

It was the worst game i have ever purchased, okay i'll take that back...it was the biggest disappointment I've ever paid 60 bones for.

Now, 09 was not a perfect title by any means, but at least i could cycle through the menus at a comfortable clip, and i didn't feel like 22 refrigerators were taking on 22 deep freezers.

But looking at the progress that EA made in that timeframe gives me some real hope that 10 will be another considerable step up for the title....Will it be perfect? What is?

But i'll tell you this..... i KNOW it will be better than ol Jared Zabransky on PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 10:08 AM   #2
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: How good we have it...

That is true. Sometimes people forget the progression we have made. Forget about 08, if you bought 07 for the 360 you were looking at only 50 real stadiums, animations that didn't make sense and a terrible framerate at 30FPS

Things are definitely headed in the right direction - no question. But I think most people thought by 10 (the 4th version), we would be much further ahead.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:17 AM   #3
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

NCAA is better than Madden im saying it...Maddens Online Franchise is half done and this is why:
1. its only ten years...
2. NO Salaries
3. No Salary Cap
4. No CPU trade logic
5.So you can get all the players you want and they stay with you forever
6. YOU CANT IMPORT DRAFT CLASSES!!

Plus the Halftime show shows regular plays. 1 and 2 yard runs..in a 35-14 halftime score.

At least NCAA team gives us a full feature. I would rather have windsocks and no refs than a half done feature with a bunch of good looks.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:18 AM   #4
Rookie

egkb2753's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
That is true. Sometimes people forget the progression we have made. Forget about 08, if you bought 07 for the 360 you were looking at only 50 real stadiums, animations that didn't make sense and a terrible framerate at 30FPS

Things are definitely headed in the right direction - no question. But I think most people thought by 10 (the 4th version), we would be much further ahead.
I think most people would rather complain about nonsense they can't control as opposed to enjoying what they are getting. Why be appreciative when you can complain about every little thing that a video game doesn't include in it's release?
Old 06-10-2009, 10:24 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

I think it's possible to appreciate what you have, but at the same time, be disappointed in what is not had. I think there are some elements that they could have implemented and just didn't. That is disappointing to me. But overall, the game is still pretty good and has gotten better year by year IMO (and I'm assuming 10 will be better as well). But that doesn't mean I'm completely happy with the product.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 10:27 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindella2
NCAA is better than Madden im saying it...Maddens Online Franchise is half done and this is why:
1. its only ten years...
2. NO Salaries
3. No Salary Cap
4. No CPU trade logic
5.So you can get all the players you want and they stay with you forever
6. YOU CANT IMPORT DRAFT CLASSES!!

Plus the Halftime show shows regular plays. 1 and 2 yard runs..in a 35-14 halftime score.

At least NCAA team gives us a full feature. I would rather have windsocks and no refs than a half done feature with a bunch of good looks.

Did your mom make a new batch of haterade today? There were no big plays because they super simmer like 90% of the game
Old 06-10-2009, 10:38 AM   #7
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

They both blew. A lot of it for me is how we still don't have things that were in last gen, and the fact that both games had issues that would have happened light years ago. This series has regressed, minus online dynasty. The fact that they brag and claim greatness for correcting their idiotic glitches like talking transfers and draft prospects into staying as major ongoings for 10 are cheap. They act like fat kids on speed and get all excited pumping up 10 and its not even for anything new. They're trying to sell an inferior product and will try to make everyone believe it's great. Typical salespeople. It's still apparent they have no idea of how the game is supposed to be played.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:48 AM   #8
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
They both blew. A lot of it for me is how we still don't have things that were in last gen, and the fact that both games had issues that would have happened light years ago. This series has regressed, minus online dynasty. The fact that they brag and claim greatness for correcting their idiotic glitches like talking transfers and draft prospects into staying as major ongoings for 10 are cheap. They act like fat kids on speed and get all excited pumping up 10 and its not even for anything new. They're trying to sell an inferior product and will try to make everyone believe it's great. Typical salespeople. It's still apparent they have no idea of how the game is supposed to be played.
I agree.

And why should we be appreciative of a series that has underwhelmed every year in the current gen?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »