Home

Some Additions I Would Love To See

This is a discussion on Some Additions I Would Love To See within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 12:39 PM   #1
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18
Some Additions I Would Love To See

I have recently been going through and playing some of the older versions of NCAA on the original Xbox and have seen some features that I would love to see added.

1. Player Composure - I loved this feature on last-gen and would like for it to return. In NCAA 09 it seems like composure is only relevant for your QB when it should be relevant for every player on the field. Especially kickers.

2. Player Ratings/Matchup Stick - Pre-snap you could move your right stick left, right, and down to see how good the linemen, running backs/linebackers, and receivers/defensive backs were. Being able to see this at quick glance really helps when determining player mismatches.

The way it is now it is too hard to tell a difference between players aesthetically and skill wise. Ratings need to matter again. All the players feel the same except speed. You can definitely tell the guys who are faster but every other rating is meaningless. I can probably write a 20 page essay on how much that infuriates me.

3. Stadium Pulse - In general NCAA 06 had fantastic stadium atmosphere. The camera shook and the sound was just awesome. I could actually feel the crowd with my surround sound system.

4. Pre-Game Presentation - Anything would be an improvement over what we have now. The player highlight was great but could definitely be improved upon. It's three years later and next-gen, we should have something.

5. Historic Teams - Even if it's the same teams from last-gen. I would just like to take a mid-90's Miami U or FSU team against the current Florida Gators.

6. Player Momentum - Where have all the animations gone for players to plant their feet underneath them to allow them a change of direction? What we have now is a poor excuse for a physics engine. If there isn't a substantial change in this regard for NCAA 11 I probably won't buy it.

7. Coaches - On Last-Gen the coaches were on the sideline and actually looked similar to their real life counterparts. This definitely needs to be back in.

8. Formation Subs - DUH!

9. Custom Playbooks - Self-explanatory.

Are these all really additions? These features were already in previous games and should have been in the 360/PS3 versions since 07 or 08. When these were included in NCAA 2005/2006 these were hailed as game changing features and back then they were. When they get brought back towards the end of the 360/PS3 cycle they will also be advertised as huge game-changing features on the #1 Selling NCAA Franchise though we will know the truth.

edit: I will add suggestions from this thread into the OP.

Last edited by mmorg; 06-10-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 12:42 PM   #2
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Some Additions I Would Love To See

I would like to see the coaches on the sideline.
I would think they could add the actual coaches and what they look like since the coaches get paid.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:44 PM   #3
Rookie

nstod's Arena

OVR: 6

Just a heads up, a good portion of these features came later in the cycle (06), which was the 5th year on the PS2. Programming games on the PS2 was much, much easier/less complex than on the 360/PS3. NCAA 10 will be year #4 on the 360 (#3 on PS3).
Old 06-10-2009, 12:47 PM   #4
MVP

mmorg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstod
Just a heads up, a good portion of these features came later in the cycle (06), which was the 5th year on the PS2. Programming games on the PS2 was much, much easier/less complex than on the 360/PS3. NCAA 10 will be year #4 on the 360 (#3 on PS3).
All of these were in NCAA 2005 and then refined in 2006. If they aren't in next year I am officially done with EA.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:47 PM   #5
Rookie

Happyvally74's Arena

OVR: 9

NCAA Football 2010 Release Date : August 14th, 2009 http://www.ea.com/games/ncaa-football-10

Order your copy of NCAA football now! and receive it on Aug 14th
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #6
MVP

mmorg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyvally74
NCAA Football 2010 Release Date : August 14th, 2009 http://www.ea.com/games/ncaa-football-10

Maybe they release later to put in these additions?
I never once said I would like to see them in NCAA 2010. I would be very ignorant to say something like that. What I did say though is that these will probably be added towards the end of the life of the 360/PS3 when the new systems are ready to come out. When they do get added the EA Advertising Team will claim that all of these are new to the series and are new features.

I also said in some of my comments that I hope to see these in NCAA 2011. I guess reading comprehension isn't one of your areas of expertise?
Old 06-10-2009, 12:53 PM   #7
Rookie

Happyvally74's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
I never once said I would like to see them in NCAA 2010. I would be very ignorant to say something like that. What I did say though is that these will probably be added towards the end of the life of the 360/PS3 when the new systems are ready to come out. When they do get added the EA Advertising Team will claim that all of these are new to the series and are new features.

I also said in some of my comments that I hope to see these in NCAA 2011. I guess reading comprehension isn't one of your areas of expertise?
Chill out man, I was just pointing out an error on NCAA's website. Nothing to do about what you had to say

Last edited by Happyvally74; 06-10-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:55 PM   #8
MVP

mmorg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyvally74
Chill out man, I was just pointing out an error on NCAA's website. Nothing to do about what you had to say
Yeah I just noticed the August 14th date. Sorry, I was reading into what you were saying. I saw the Nittany Lion logo and just went beserk because you always seem to ruin the Buckeyes seasons.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »