Home

Still no ECU Mascot!

This is a discussion on Still no ECU Mascot! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2009, 02:55 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Still no ECU Mascot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
I'm pretty sure what we're looking at here is that people are mad about the rosters thing so now they feel a need to point out every single flaw they can find. You guys smell blood. We get that. Bottom line is this...it's ECU. You and about 15 other people who buy this game will care about Pee-Dee not being in there.
That's not the point of this thread almighty TJ. Its about principle. Year after year NCAA leaves out things that actually contribute to the game of college football itself in favor of gimmicks they believe will help sell the game. Its to a point where its almost comical and expected, and people can't put up with it anymore.

And so what if its ECU? Its a team, and they should be fully represented in the game, & not discarded because they are a relatively small school. I bet you'd be pissed if they left out something symbolic of North Carolina. Try not to be so condescending..

Last edited by sportzbro; 06-11-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:12 PM   #34
Rookie

nstod's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Give me a break I don't need him on a horse just have him on the sidelines at least DAMN!
Um....with so many NCAA schools having to drop their Native American mascots, I'm pretty sure it isn't the horse EA would be worried about....
Old 06-11-2009, 03:14 PM   #35
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

I haven't seen FSU drop theirs?

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2009, 03:40 PM   #36
Rookie

nstod's Arena

Nope, same with Utah. However, Utah just put a new field in, and you won't see "Utes" anywhere - not on their stadium, field, or anything deemed "permanent". Utah has a signed letter from the Ute tribe to use the mascot, yet "just in case", they're not putting it anywhere that can't easily be changed.

I would imagine that many companies, like EA, are taking similar precautions now.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:32 PM   #37
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstod
Um....with so many NCAA schools having to drop their Native American mascots, I'm pretty sure it isn't the horse EA would be worried about....
Actually, the Seminole tribe is supportive of FSU and its use. In fact, I believe the person riding the horse is a Seminole Native.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:35 PM   #38
Rookie

nstod's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
Actually, the Seminole tribe is supportive of FSU and its use. In fact, I believe the person riding the horse is a Seminole Native.
Yeah, I know. My last post explains it better. People (companies) seem to be taking more of a "just in case" approach now. I don't blame EA at all for leaving it out. It's just one less potential lawsuit (from some white guy that thinks Native Americans should be offended).
Old 06-11-2009, 11:36 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

East Carolina can go in when teams who have finished in the Top 25 three years in a row get theirs in (Oregon State)
Old 06-12-2009, 02:50 AM   #40
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla

Yea, because FSU bribed the ish out of them

And Rocky (from USF) wasnt on teambuilder so does that mean hes not in? Fairly certain he was in last year... damn we are a team that stays around the top 25 too.

Whatever, Im about to start another dynasty on 09, the one that I was going to wait to do o 10, bc im done with all the issues. If they want my money, the demo better absolutely FLAWLESS (doubt it)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »