Home

Has size been the limit?

This is a discussion on Has size been the limit? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2009, 06:23 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Has size been the limit?

I can't imagine the 2-disc style could be very simple. Otherwise, I guess I'd wonder why more don't do it.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:25 PM   #18
Rookie

nstod's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLKapone11
Um no.

disk one is the base disk. when you load it up, its options are for only OFFLINE MODES such as classic PLAY NOW, or DYNASTY or CAMPUS LEGEND.... or minie games and whatnot

DISK TWO ON THE OTHER HAND when loaded up, it's main menu would would be like NCAA 09's XBOX LIVE MENU. so from the main menu, one can choose to play a quick match, go to the lobby, online dynasty and ea locker and whtever else i cant think of..

essentially it is the same game just one used for online and one used for offline..... and rosters can be transferred between disks easily by hard drive. with the added disk space, think of how much can be utilized and how deep the team will be able to use ESPN... idk
How does this help? You're duplicating 95% of the game if you do it this way. Offline game modes and online are identical, except the logic, which is a minimal amount of disc space. If you're using 2 discs, you use the space for art and audio. Splitting that up would be very difficult, IMO.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:29 PM   #19
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10

unless they can somehow find a way for you to save disc 1 to your hdd and disc 2 can pull from that...just an idea, dont know if its possible. obviously this would cater to those who have the bigger harddrives to go with their ps3/360. So maybe that would render that idea almost impossible...also maybe some sort of Free DLC with content...but once again this caters to XBOX Live users...im not sure how much they want to cut some of the non-internet users out of the fold.

Last edited by mtoo22; 06-11-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:41 PM   #20
Rookie

KLKapone11's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstod
How does this help? You're duplicating 95% of the game if you do it this way. Offline game modes and online are identical, except the logic, which is a minimal amount of disc space. If you're using 2 discs, you use the space for art and audio. Splitting that up would be very difficult, IMO.
of course it is a duplication! its a football game, not an adventure game where the storyline changes..... but if the "ONLINE" disk can hold new OD features and alow a more in depth Online Dynasty, with Espn halftime shows, in depth recruiting, and such (because there would be much more space on disk 2), it would premote Live and C-op into the Football title and would alow both the ONLINE and OFFLINE disks to hold more commentary and detailed features.....

again it is only and idea that came to me while reading the disk space issues
but it seems, if done right, it could work amazing
Old 06-11-2009, 06:52 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

Adam, would it be possible to change the format around and do a large install before the game or something. That way more information could be compressed and then installed onto the HD of the PS3 or 360 in order to give us more content? I know MGS4 for PS3 did this and a few other games do. I am sure it must help in ways of maximizing content on systems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2009, 06:58 PM   #22
Rookie

KLKapone11's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorman1050
Adam, would it be possible to change the format around and do a large install before the game or something. That way more information could be compressed and then installed onto the HD of the PS3 or 360 in order to give us more content? I know MGS4 for PS3 did this and a few other games do. I am sure it must help in ways of maximizing content on systems.

LOL yes this would be a more modern way of doing than the two disc idea haha

this is a good idea
Old 06-11-2009, 07:01 PM   #23
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10

+1
Old 06-11-2009, 08:15 PM   #24
Rookie

kerrigjl's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLKapone11
LOL yes this would be a more modern way of doing than the two disc idea haha

this is a good idea
I have a PS3, so I'm all for this; however, I'm pretty sure that some XBOX 360 systems (arcade version?) don't have HDD's - I doubt EA would want to cut them out of the loop.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »