Home

The Future of the NCAA Series.

This is a discussion on The Future of the NCAA Series. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2009, 09:47 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The Future of the NCAA Series.

See, I don't believe that we are the minority who want a true sim college football game. I think that 90% of people who preorder and buy this game are HUGE college football fans. I think the gamer who actually plays the MASCOT games are the minority. I think they need to realize that their fanbase isn't 10-15 year olds but 17 to 35 year old men who want a real sim college football game. Maybe then they will put as much time and effort into NCAA that they do MADDEN.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:48 PM   #18
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
I disagree with that. That was hardly the case w/ last gen. That "one year behind" is a weak argument, like the "no competition" argument. NCAA has never had any "true" competition. And don't bring up the lackluster Gamebreaker titles cause I don't buy it.

I firmly believe the NCAA dev team is doing exactly what they have planned for this franchise. It is not being developed w/ the same style or focus of Madden in order to diversify it from Madden in order to capture a larger part of the football gaming market. Especially since there is only a 30 day lapse between releases. EA intends to take Madden in the direction it is going and NCAA in the direction it is going to expand the customer base w/ two games with different gameplay and feature sets.

The bottom line is NCAA hasn't lived up to even the marginal expectations since 360 and PS3 because the series is on a different development path than it was on the xbox and PS2. The game is being casualized and "off field featurized", and it is being done purposely from a marketing and development perspective.
You apparently didn't read my post. Go back and read what I was referring to.

edit: Also on last-gen they were routinely one year behind Madden with their features. NCAA added the hit stick one year after Madden did. NCAA added the Highlight Stick in the 2007 version when Madden 2005 had the truck stick and Madden 2007 had the Highlight Stick. Game play art was also a year behind on the NCAA series when compared to Madden.

Historically on last generation consoles, NCAA Football was always a year behind on features than Madden was.

This year is similar since they are adding branching tackles into NCAA 2010 when Madden 2009 had them. There are also a couple other features that NCAA 2010 is introducing that Madden 2009 had first.

This really is the first year where we are seeing Madden and NCAA sharing technologies over the same development cycle.

Last edited by mmorg; 06-11-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:01 PM   #19
Pro

nightcreeper's Arena

OVR: 9

i understand you completely.....
Old 06-11-2009, 10:07 PM   #20
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

funny thing is if ncaa had everything madden has now. people would be on here saying ncaa isnt nothing but madden with no names. i gaurantee it
Old 06-11-2009, 10:08 PM   #21
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Corn, I applaud you. I agree with everything said. I know we've ran into each other in other threads and have agreed, but honestly I feel like I wrote this because its so true to how I feel. Granted I wouldn't make a new thread about my thoughts and wouldn't write the novel of a statement, but I still agree 100%. I'm still waiting for my NEXT GENERATION gaming experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2009, 10:13 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

Very very thought-provoking thread.

This is not to play devil's advocate or anything but to encourage thought:

When someone makes a successful and popular product, its consumers feel as though they "own" a piece of that product.

It's kind of similar to a band or a director reaching the same level of success. It's their product, yet everyone feels as though they should have a say in how "Attack of the Clones" or "Make Believe" should look or sound. The artist (or gamemaker) would not be successful without the consumer, yet in this system, the consumer's "vote" is to consume or not consume, which is, in the end how the democracy of the free market works. Now, I read countless threads on here swearing that "if X isn't in the game, I'm not buying it." A noble gesture, but I believe we all love college football and even if it is a B-plus video game, it's still fun as all-get-out.

The passion with which folks on this board provide feedback is admirable and at times jarring. The truth of the matter is, and the beauty of it, is that the creative process (versus the commercial process described above) is not a democracy. It is nice that the people involved in making the game are nice people and want to satisfy their loyal customers, but truthfully EA can make whatever game they want and morally, while it is admirable to listen to their consumers, I don't know if that's their obligation. When is the last time Apple designed the latest iPod based on your direct suggestions for features? (Obviously the fact that they control the only license for college and pro football makes that even easier for them to do whatever they want, which has been covered on this board ad nauseam).

Food for thought.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:15 PM   #23
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
funny thing is if ncaa had everything madden has now. people would be on here saying ncaa isnt nothing but madden with no names. i gaurantee it
Old 06-11-2009, 10:20 PM   #24
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
I don't agree with it as all. NCAA should have everything Madden has but tweak it to be more like the College game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »