Home

NCAA Football 10 Ranking Discussion

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Ranking Discussion within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2009, 07:34 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Football 10 Ranking Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
Does beating a team not count or rankings anymore?
Well they havent played yet this year and rosters have changed since last year so they have to project who is better. So no beating a team previously does not automatically make one team better.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:35 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkramp
Well they havent played yet this year and rosters have changed since last year so they have to project who is better. So no beating a team previously does not automatically make one team better.
This sounds like a BCS vs Playoffs riot is about to ensue.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:36 PM   #19
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkramp
lol, according to recent discussion it appears the rosters haven't changed for a year or 2 in this game
Old 06-12-2009, 07:41 PM   #20
Rookie

GigemAGGIES13's Arena

OVR: 5

The NCAA team usually play their preseason polls pretty safe. I don't have a problem with this.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:56 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Typical that fans think that a win in a post-season exhibition game from last year means something this year. Oklahoma State is ranked higher THIS year because they feel Oklahoma State is better THIS year. LAST year Oregon beat Oklahoma State, so LAST year, Oregon was ranked higher. I hope that wasn't too difficult.

As for the rankings, has the formula changed at all? It didn't seem to be AS big of a problem last year, but late in the season, #1 and #2 will both have a bye week, and the lead #1 had over #2 in the polls would violently change when neither of them played a game. Like if neither played week 15, #1's lead would go from 180 to suddenly like 90. It made no sense whatsoever.

Also, the midmajors...I had built up Army and no matter how many ranked teams I beat, I would not finish in the top 2. I was #2 with 4 games to go, and undefeated Hawaii went from 22 to like 15 to like 8 to 2 in 4 weeks to pass me...they beat nobody of significance to do it. Please tell me rankings at least got some tweaking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2009, 08:01 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
Typical that fans think that a win in a post-season exhibition game from last year means something this year. Oklahoma State is ranked higher THIS year because they feel Oklahoma State is better THIS year. LAST year Oregon beat Oklahoma State, so LAST year, Oregon was ranked higher. I hope that wasn't too difficult.

As for the rankings, has the formula changed at all? It didn't seem to be AS big of a problem last year, but late in the season, #1 and #2 will both have a bye week, and the lead #1 had over #2 in the polls would violently change when neither of them played a game. Like if neither played week 15, #1's lead would go from 180 to suddenly like 90. It made no sense whatsoever.

Also, the midmajors...I had built up Army and no matter how many ranked teams I beat, I would not finish in the top 2. I was #2 with 4 games to go, and undefeated Hawaii went from 22 to like 15 to like 8 to 2 in 4 weeks to pass me...they beat nobody of significance to do it. Please tell me rankings at least got some tweaking.
Sounds like EA hit the nail on the head with that formula. It's not their fault the BCS system is the dumbest thing ever created.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:43 PM   #23
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote Bigdmo9999
I for one do not understand how Oklahoma State is ranked 9th and Oregon is ranked 12th. Does beating a team not count or rankings anymore?[/quote]

We're ranked that high because we return 3 Heisman Trophy candidates and most of our offensive line (including a tackle that would have been a 1st rounder in last year's draft). Oregon has a nice nucleus coming back along with developing stars in Masoli and Blount.

Oregon did a good job beating us last season, but let's not forget that our starting running back had his knee scoped the week before the game and wasn't even close to 100%, our star wide receiver injured his knee when during the second quarter and wasn't nearly as effective after that point, and our quarterback suffered a separated shoulder on a roughing the passer penalty that wasn't called. Everyone knows that our defense is not very good, so it's vital for us to be at full speed on offense. Our 3 most important players were all injured, and we still had the ball with 4 minutes to go with a chance to win the game.

I give Oregon a lot of credit because they executed their gameplan well, and overall, they seemed to want the game more than we did. However, don't act like it's unthinkable that we could be rated ahead of you guys this season just because you beat us in a bowl game. Now that I've said that, the preseason rankings are completely meaningless and I look for OSU and Oregon to make some noise this year in their conference.

Last edited by Pokes404; 06-12-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:52 PM   #24
Rookie

tyler741's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
We're ranked that high because we return 3 Heisman Trophy candidates

Nice try, but no you don't. You didn't even have 1 candidate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »