Home

NCAA Football 10 Ranking Discussion

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Ranking Discussion within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2009, 09:06 PM   #25
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA Football 10 Ranking Discussion

#24 Utah, not too bad considering all we lost, nice to see 3 teams in the Mountain West ranked in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2009, 09:07 PM   #26
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler741

Nice try, but no you don't.
Well, I didn't necessarily mean we had 3 of the top 5 candidates or anything, but we have 3 guys that, while certainly long shots, wouldn't be ridiculous to see them winning it. Their chances rest with how well the team does this year. IF we were to have a breakout season and contend for the Big XII title, Robinson would be the QB of a highly ranked team (QB's on good teams often get some Heisman talk), Dez Bryant is an absolute star who would have great stats and highlights, and Hunter had 1,555 yards and 16 TDs as a sophomore (he also gets most of his offensive line back to block for him).

Of course, I highly doubt any one outside of the three man race of Bradford, McCoy, and Tebow will be able to come through this year. Those guys have will have huge stats, play on great teams, and have the media hype to back them. God, I wish it was September right now.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:14 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Well, I didn't necessarily mean we had 3 of the top 5 candidates or anything, but we have 3 guys that, while certainly long shots, wouldn't be ridiculous to see them winning it. Their chances rest with how well the team does this year. IF we were to have a breakout season and contend for the Big XII title, Robinson would be the QB of a highly ranked team (QB's on good teams often get some Heisman talk), Dez Bryant is an absolute star who would have great stats and highlights, and Hunter had 1,555 yards and 16 TDs as a sophomore (he also gets most of his offensive line back to block for him).

Of course, I highly doubt any one outside of the three man race of Bradford, McCoy, and Tebow will be able to come through this year. Those guys have will have huge stats, play on great teams, and have the media hype to back them. God, I wish it was September right now.
Speaking of Dez Bryant. Anyone know his rating from 09?
Old 06-12-2009, 09:56 PM   #28
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Security Device
Speaking of Dez Bryant. Anyone know his rating from 09?
In 09, I believe he was a 78 overall. He was listed as our #2 receiver, right behind a guy that played in 12 games and caught 2 passes last year.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:40 PM   #29
Rookie

rdfowler's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
With the exception of maybe Georgia Tech, every ACC team on that list is overrated, IMHO.
Tech is underrated besides Phil Steele everyone thinks Tech Is a top 10 team or atleast 14 so my rankings im about to state is why they should be higher...

Georgia Tech -- #18 ranked. OVR: B+, OFF: B+, DEF: A-

no way defense is the best
Offence should be higher then defense we lost no one not saying tech should be better then they are is just either Offence should be > A- or defence needs to be < B+

Last edited by rdfowler; 06-12-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:44 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
So this means the strongest conferences are:

1) Big XII
2) SEC
3) Big Ten
4) Pac 10
5) ACC
6) Mountain West
7) WAC/Big East
9) MAC
10) Sunbelt
No.

We're only seeing the top teams of each conference. So you can't come up with rankings based off of this.

For example, the MWC may have more top 25 teams, but the bottom of the MWC is downright terrible whereas the bottom half of the Big East is substantially better. Thus, while the MWC appears better based off this poll, in reality, it's not because the bottom of the Big East is better than the bottom of the MWC.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:45 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

BTW, no Notre Dame!!! Congratulations at not succumbing to homerism, EA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2009, 12:22 AM   #32
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

They are hating pretty hard on the Big East, although I actually dont think USF will do well this year there are other teams like Cinci that deserve consideration.

Im hoping that the few superteams dont make this game unplayable. 18-20 ppl pver a 90 is insane.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »