Home

List of NCAA 10 Team Ratings

This is a discussion on List of NCAA 10 Team Ratings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2009, 11:27 AM   #9
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: List of NCAA 10 Team Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade Shadows

In regards to your comments about the ratings, I think EA has to try to predict that power programs will perform as they traditionally have, especially because the power programs have the biggest fan bases, and those fans don't want their favorite teams to be junk in the game. It's inevitable that EA will overrate power programs.
First of all Shade, thanks for finding, and posting, this info. Per the comment above, if EA feels they have to suck up to so-called power programs then that's just sad. Michigan had a crap year in 2008 (NCAA09) yet that isn't reflected in NCAA 2010???

Maybe their fans can see what fans of other schools have to routinely deal with... you have to play well, recruit well and win to improve.

Oh well... I guess in the end it doesn't matter. It just means I'll schedule games against Florida State and Michigan in my dynasty and kick their butts, giving them each an early season loss. LOL

Thanks for sharing Shade!

Old 06-13-2009, 11:29 AM   #10
Rookie

mkam89's Arena

OVR: 3

Looking at the rating it seems like just did the rosters for the top couple teams and their favorites then said screw the rest.
Michigan State (C-?) < La Tech?
Old 06-13-2009, 12:48 PM   #11
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisejames
Couldn't have said it better myself! This = OVR A+ OFF A+ DEF A+
The whole post was spot on.

Bold=My favorite parts.

I AM AMAZED BY FSU'S ROSTER QUITE FUNNY
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2009, 01:21 PM   #12
Rookie

tyler741's Arena

OVR: 7

Just because your favorite team beat team X in 2008, doesn't mean you carry all that into the 2009 season. I'm sure graduations, transfers, and recruiting had to play some part in these rankings. Just because your favorite team isn't an A+, and team X you beat LAST YEAR is better than them, doesn't mean that this list is flawed.

But, I would like to know how much of an impact these factors have, because Iowa with C+ OVR, B- OFF, C+ DEF is puzzling. Maybe it's just a formula involving your players OVR ratings?

Who knows, because no EA dev will come on the boards and try to justify or explain these ratings. I wish we had the community interaction the Madden forums get with Ian.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:29 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossennator
FSU A-...I am sick of this crap, its every year.
It should be a B+

I think the rating is pretty good though, defense should probably be A- or B+, too. Offense should be better this year, even after losing players.

Minnesota should get more love, I doubt their ratings reflect the amount of speed Brewster brought into the program on both sides of the ball. It's time they bring in experts on EVERY conference to do ratings and rosters... AT LEAST buy the magazines lol.

Old 06-13-2009, 01:41 PM   #14
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

I am happy with USF being a B+, B+, B+.

Does anyone know how they come up with these letter grades, Miami is a B+ and especially FSU (which is apparantly a B+ overall) has much higher rated players than we do.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:48 PM   #15
Rookie

iLukeisamazing's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
I am happy with USF being a B+, B+, B+.

Does anyone know how they come up with these letter grades, Miami is a B+ and especially FSU (which is apparantly a B+ overall) has much higher rated players than we do.
It's a better team. If they had more ratings, it would have FSUs players with A or A- ratings, and a few coaches with C or C-.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2009, 01:55 PM   #16
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

I agree they have more talented players, but if their players are better wouldnt that mean either USF should be lower or FSU/UM should be higher based on that?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »