Home

Any chance we could get another Ultimate NCAA Playbook Guide?

This is a discussion on Any chance we could get another Ultimate NCAA Playbook Guide? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 16
Any chance we could get another Ultimate NCAA Playbook Guide?

For those that missed it, here's Past 1 from last year

That was easily one of my favorite things posted on the site. Since you guys got the game so early this year, any chance we could get another one of these guides? It would be awesome to see this sort of thing in the weeks before the release in order to help hit the ground running on launch day. It might not take incredibly long either, since the playbooks probably haven't been completely redone, you could use last year's as a base and just make the necessary changes.

Just throwing it out there, because I'd love to see it again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2009, 11:29 PM   #2
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Any chance we could get another Ultimate NCAA Playbook Guide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
For those that missed it, here's Past 1 from last year

That was easily one of my favorite things posted on the site. Since you guys got the game so early this year, any chance we could get another one of these guides? It would be awesome to see this sort of thing in the weeks before the release in order to help hit the ground running on launch day. It might not take incredibly long either, since the playbooks probably haven't been completely redone, you could use last year's as a base and just make the necessary changes.

Just throwing it out there, because I'd love to see it again.
Why bother? Just download the playbook PDFs. The dev team released them about a week before launch last year.

I bet -- or at last I hope -- they'll release the NCAA 10 playbooks any day now.

Last edited by Strummer101er; 06-13-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:58 AM   #3
Rookie

that would be awesome
Old 06-14-2009, 03:02 AM   #4
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
Why bother? Just download the playbook PDFs. The dev team released them about a week before launch last year.

I bet -- or at last I hope -- they'll release the NCAA 10 playbooks any day now.
Good I will DL when they come out.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:42 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:

There's no guarantee they'll do that again, though.

And even if they do, I find it very useful to have OS's guide because it was much easier to scroll through that than it was to download a hundred playbooks and scroll through the PDFs. With OS's guide, I could quickly narrow my search down to a dozen or so and then just download and look through those.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2009, 01:17 PM   #6
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

There was something that had every teams playbook and plays with the play art available for download last year. It might be what strummer is talking about but that was great and It helped to get a feel for the new plays...although the playbooks seem basically the same for 10.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:22 PM   #7
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
There's no guarantee they'll do that again, though.

And even if they do, I find it very useful to have OS's guide because it was much easier to scroll through that than it was to download a hundred playbooks and scroll through the PDFs. With OS's guide, I could quickly narrow my search down to a dozen or so and then just download and look through those.
Good point. I really hope the team uploads the books again.

I'm a playbook junkie. I had most of the books memorized by the time NCAA 09 launched last year. I hope Steve posts some footage or screens from the revamped flexbone book.

Also hope we have some new trick plays this year, like true reverses.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #8
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Good point. I really hope the team uploads the books again.

I'm a playbook junkie. I had most of the books memorized by the time NCAA 09 launched last year. I hope Steve posts some footage or screens from the revamped flexbone book.

Also hope we have some new trick plays this year, like true reverses.
yeah reverses in real life are deadly if used correctly but in the game they are either too delayed or take too long. The new linked play thing if it really works could make the reverse a solid play. I'm not a trick play guy but I would add that to my game plans for sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »