Home

Blocking AI issues from UNC vs. NC State video w/ pictures

This is a discussion on Blocking AI issues from UNC vs. NC State video w/ pictures within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 11:38 PM   #1
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31
Blocking AI issues from UNC vs. NC State video w/ pictures

Before you complain about another thread:

I spent a lot of time putting these screenshots together. I was going to edit my old thread and paste these screenshots in but the old thread had been closed by then. I didn't want all my work to go to waste.

I believe there is a bug in NCAA 10 where offensive linemen turn around and face their own QB if an offensive lineman does not have a defender to engage with. So this happens on 3 or 4 man rushes and when the defense stunts. Stunting appears to make the OL think they have no one to block and triggers the animation where the OL turns the wrong way.

I have additional pictures of this animation here in this closed thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-terrible.html

The purpose of this thread is to document the poor blocking AI in NCAA 10 so that the NCAA developers can see that it still needs to be tweaked. If this can be fixed a lot of the blocking issues that NCAA has had the past few years will be removed. This thread is not meant to discourage anyone from buying NCAA 10.

If you reply to this thread please do not try to talk anyone out of buying the game or say that the game stinks. I spent waaaaay too much time capturing and creating these screens for this thread to get closed like my last one did.

All these screens are from the NC State vs. UNC video that Steve has uploaded.

I hope these pictures help EA fix the blocking AI when they patch NCAA 10.

Last edited by boritter; 06-14-2009 at 12:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2009, 11:44 PM   #2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Blocking AI issues from UNC vs. NC State video w/ pictures

Honestly, how many threads are we going to have these pictures in? You made your point in the original thread and we've got these pasted in the video threads as well. Yes, the blocking AI at times is downright stupid. The frequency at which this occurs and the sometimes bad results should be monitored.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:46 PM   #3
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

OVR: 27

I hope you know the mods will throw a hissy-fit and lock it.

I kid. But seriously, I really applaud the job you and moostache(sp) (and any others I left out) have done and I hope that when the dev. team looks at this thread and others similar to this, they take notice and hopefully fix this problem before next month, patch it or put it near the top of the list as a must-fix for next year.

Great job.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:55 PM   #4
Rookie

ace3's Arena

OVR: 3

We got the point the first time we know the AI blocking is questionable we have monitor it but honestly you don't have make a new thread about every video
Old 06-14-2009, 12:02 AM   #5
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Seriously man? Enough already.

I do like the breakdown, but to go on and on about it after the other thread was locked is a little overboard. Great effort though.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:03 AM   #6
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Honestly, how many threads are we going to have these pictures in? You made your point in the original thread and we've got these pasted in the video threads as well. Yes, the blocking AI at times is downright stupid. The frequency at which this occurs and the sometimes bad results should be monitored.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace3
We got the point the first time we know the AI blocking is questionable we have monitor it but honestly you don't have make a new thread about every video
Thanks for being so helpful guys. These two threads are the only two threads I have started in the NCAA forum for a year or two so I don't think I'm polluting the forums.

As I mentioned in my post, I am hoping that this helps EA isolate and correct the blocking problem. I spent a lot of time putting these screenshots together. I was going to edit my old thread and paste these screenshots in but the old thread had been closed by then. I didn't want all my work to go to waste.

Again, thanks to both of you for being so helpful.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:06 AM   #7

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

This should have been posted in the UNC vs NCSU thread.

Closed.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »